SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Here in the US, we get a sheet (called a "monroney label/sticker") that specifies details like what engine/motors you have. If you don't have access to that, you can probably get it from Volvo. But it sounds like either you have the pre-ER (non-ER) version or there's something wrong with your ER.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
After I fully charged it, sometimes it shows 65km, sometimes it shows 62km and sometimes 59km.
I think it calculates based on your last power consumption. But generally speaking, I can always achieve over 50km. I think my worst EV range was 54km (there were some up hills in that trip). So I have never able to get over 70km or anything as close as they advertised. My friend has the standard range (the older MY21 model), he only gets 30km while they advertised 45km for that one).
That's what I typically get here in the USA ... 60-65km on a full charge in real miles (i.e., not computer-guessed miles)...
I mostly drive in all-electric mode under 45 mph, and turn on the ICE for > 45 mph unless I'm only driving a short distance on a high-speed highway...

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thanks. And it sounds like you then get about 1km for every 1km it says you’ll get? Whereas I only get about two thirds of what it says I’ll get.
Range is heavily correlated to speed driven. If you're driving 100 km/hr or more, you'll only get 2/3 or less of what the computer might project... If you're driving only 40-70 km/hr, you should get close to 60-65 km of all-electric range.

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm routinely getting about 36 actual miles of all-electric range in local driving with about half at 70 mph at highway speeds and about half at 20-40 mph in town/city driving. My commute to work is roughly 2/3 highway and 1/3 city driving (but I'm counting local errands driving here to get to 50-50). With all city/town driving < 45 mph, I'm getting as high as 42-43 miles of all-electric range now in the summer (i.e., no high-speed highway driving). At entirely highway speeds of 70 mph, I'm guessing I'd get about 25-30 miles of all-electric range.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I just did a 21-mile drive in all-electric mode with my 2022 XC60 T8 ER, starting with a full charge, driving town and country roads with max speed around 42 mph. The computer said I had 59% charge left when I got home and plugged in. That translates into 51 miles on a full charge at non-highway speeds, which is really impressive -- on a par with what our RAV4 Prime can do, and a good 15 miles above the EPA rating.

Reactions: DevilBluDress
1 - 5 of 5 Posts