SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently leased a 2021 XC90 T8 Inscription, my first Volvo.

I was driving around in hybrid recently and I noticed the ICE turned on when I was at low speed, or even idle. Is this just to warm it up for when it might be needed? It turned off maybe 1-2 min later. My battery had power for the electric motor to keep going.

Thank you

·
Registered
705 Posts
Quite normal. The T8 is configured to run the ice if some thresholds are reached. That is why we do worry about oil dilution due to short ice running cycles just because of this configuration.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi,

I recently leased a 2021 XC90 T8 Inscription, my first Volvo.

I was driving around in hybrid recently and I noticed the ICE turned on when I was at low speed, or even idle. Is this just to warm it up for when it might be needed? It turned off maybe 1-2 min later. My battery had power for the electric motor to keep going.

Thank you
Not surprising especially if you don't use a wired plug to recharge the battery at home. As mentioned if the battery charge goes below a value then then the gasoline engine comes on to recharge. It's also dependent on how many electrical devices are being used. The threshold will be above the minimum needed to power the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts