SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at the feature comparisons online, built both models on the configurator, and read reviews on both. Car and Driver says the R is the version to get, hands down, but they don't really say why.

The designation "R" in other models in the past has meant not only visual enhancements but also performance and/or handling improvements. For the XC90 the R-Design seems to only be a very mild body treatment, special seats, and availability of special paint. Am I missing anything? It's also missing a couple creature comforts when compared to the Inscription (like no ventilated seats).

What are your thoughts on why you'd want an R vs. Inscription? I'm having a very hard time deciding between the two.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I personally think the R-Design looks more sporty especially with the 22" wheels & different style grille. I just like the look and am willing to give up few things to get it. I just wish they would add few paid options like leather dash, different leather colour, etc. But regardless still love the look :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
For me it is all about the more aggressive look.....I do not like the inscription grille (grey piano key), the R Grille (Black) is way better looking, I have seen it in person at Detroit Auto show! I also love the Interior, all black headliner, sporty steering wheel, and the Matte Silver Side Mirrors along with trim! Although I do wish I could've replaced the seats with the Contour Inscription seats! But hands down, for me the R makes the car A LOT more aggressive/ sporty looking! I am sure in the future if they do increase performance, just like the in XC60 R 25 hp increase vs standard T6 300 hp, if they do tune the engine in future 90 R's, we will be able to purchase the "chip/programming" upgrade!! Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts