SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volvo USA and dealer have both confirmed that the T8 has been approved by the EPA and they will be shipped from port to dealers very soon with an expectations that customers can begin taking delivery before new years.

Also, unsure if this is trustworthy, but a google search for updates in the last 24 hours yielded this result for MPG (though it doesn't mention eMPG): EPA city/highway driving: 59mpg combined
(http://specificationcars.com/2016-volvo-xc90-t8-specification-and-picture/)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great news! Hopefully they will release from port now! Gosh, almost wish I wasn't going on a three week vacation now. Something to look forward to coming home for!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's just bad data presentation by a website that just scrapes for clicks and doesn't actually produce content. That number is probably referencing the 59 mpgE number has been quoted in lots of different articles for a while now.

Did you confirm with your dealer and Volvo USA directly? I only saw the comment by user "codespanker" in the "Any US T8s delivered yet??" thread, but I haven't seen anything on any actual websites (Volvo's US, or fueleconomy.gov).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you confirm with your dealer and Volvo USA directly? I only saw the comment by user "codespanker" in the "Any US T8s delivered yet??" thread, but I haven't seen anything on any actual websites (Volvo's US, or fueleconomy.gov).
yes, confirmed myself with dealer/volvo USA.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Volvo USA and dealer have both confirmed that the T8 has been approved by the EPA and they will be shipped from port to dealers very soon with an expectations that customers can begin taking delivery before new years.
That actually contradicts communications I had today with Volvo - and I still don't see anything on the EPA or California Air Resource board either.

Also, unsure if this is trustworthy, but a google search for updates in the last 24 hours yielded this result for MPG (though it doesn't mention eMPG): EPA city/highway driving: 59mpg combined
(http://specificationcars.com/2016-volvo-xc90-t8-specification-and-picture/)
Nothing to see there - too many TBA's and estimated.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
That actually contradicts communications I had today with Volvo - and I still don't see anything on the EPA or California Air Resource board either.

Nothing to see there - too many TBA's and estimated.
CARB approval is still pending. EPA has approved.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've been waiting on tender-hooks for you guys on the T8. I've decided on the T8 in 2 to 3 years , but because I just bought my wife a fantastic 2015.5 XC60, and my old XC90 is in A+ condition (without a repair in 3.5 yrs), it will be a few years before I'm back in the market. A person who I worked with recently told me, that after tax breaks, the cost of his solar panels were $7,000. A no brainer. Solar panels with the T8!!!! I can't wait!

·
Registered
478 Posts
So, when are the T8 EPA numbers going to be made public?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts