SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just start by saying that I respect some people love chrome. I don't. I never owned the car I have not "de-chromed" in some way.
So when I look at my T8 Inscription, to me it looks like 70s Buick.

Grille on the XC90 is humongous.

Would the black Momentum grille fit? If so what is the part number and cost?
Or is it common to swap these parts and I should try to barter?
Or do I just Plastidip the dang thing?

Registered
Instead of buying pretty much identical grill, I would definitely try plastidip first, in the worst case if you don't like it, you can always remove it! Good luck and post some pics 馃憤 I also recommend plastidip on the exhaust tips (if you haven't already). Mine are holding up pretty good after almost 3 years 馃槑

Registered
+1
Plastidip 1st! By far the low risk, least effort. If you don't like that then start to go crazy removing stuff. Good luck!

Registered
Why not try to swap out with some one who may have wanted the Inscription look (partial anyway) and be happy? Seems like the least wasteful option especially if you are lucky enough to find someone locally.

Registered
I am interested in swap with my momentum grill if you are in Chicagoland area

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
The chrome on Inscriptions is terrible. I would never own one just because of the stupid chrome.

Plastidip is great but is susceptible to scratches from rock chips and big bugs as I learned on my FJ cruiser.

You could buy the Momentum or R-design grill as its much nicer and they're all the same size.

Registered
The chrome on Inscriptions is terrible. I would never own one just because of the stupid chrome.

Plastidip is great but is susceptible to scratches from rock chips and big bugs as I learned on my FJ cruiser.

You could buy the Momentum or R-design grill as its much nicer and they're all the same size.
I find the side door chrome strip the most offensive/ugly. If I owned one, I鈥檇 probably plastidip it and clean up the chips as needed.

Registered
Perhaps the chrome side door strips can be replaced by black ones from the R-design.
Could be expensive though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts