SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I have a XC90 T8 MY 2017, yesterday morning I took it to the car wash and as the process was completing I stepped on the brakes and started the car. Fully stopped, I was, apparently, still on the conveyor belt which started again and continued pulling the car. And so the conveyor belt pulled the car while I momentarily stepped on the brakes.

I got an error message after I started the car "ESC Temporarily off".

This morning when I started the car again I got the following messages:

1. ESC Temporarily off
2. City Safety. Reduced functionality. Service Required

Strangely I have not been able to make proper use of electricity as a fuel source since then. I've had the car fully charged since then and it has used some of the electricity but has always defaulted to the gasoline as a source. Even in Pure/Eco mode.

Has anyone seen this combination of problems before and any idea of what's next for me?

P.s. I've scheduled a meet with the dealership to have them read out what may be the cause.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm only speculating but it could be something with the electric motor.
Maybe a wheel sensor. Wet tires on the conveyor, foot on the brake, the conveyor probably bumped your tire upward and could have jostled some sensor loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out a software update fixed the problem. The dealer did not know/understand the root cause.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts