SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2016 XC90 T8 in early March for European delivery (OSD) from my local dealer in Toronto (Volvo Villa) and provided a 10% deposit by wire transfer. The T8 was to be our third XC90 and to replace my wife's existing 2009 XC90 V8 R-Design. Shortly thereafter, I received an order confirmation with an early Nov. delivery. Later this spring, I was notified there were production delays on the T8 and my delivery was being pushed back by about 6 weeks to mid-Dec. When I spoke to Volvo Villa and advised them this seemed like a very long wait, even for a new model, Volvo then issued a revised order confirmation with a Nov. 23rd delivery date.

Last week, I contacted Volvo's travel agent to book our flights to Gothenburg for pick-up of the vehicle in late Nov. Before the travel agent confirmed the flights and issued tickets, Volvo Villa contacted me to say their was a problem with my order, namely that I never wired the deposit! After expressing my disappointment that it took them exactly 6 months to the day to advise me there was potentially a problem with the deposit, I worked with my bank, obtained a wire transfer receipt, and then low and behold Volvo confirmed this morning that they in fact had my deposit of $9,320 this whole time. In the same communication, they also advised there were further delays GLOBALLY with the production of the T8 and it would now be a "Spring" 2016 delivery. When I asked what they meant by spring, they issued a further revised delivery date of Feb. 26th on our order confirmation.

This lack of service and communication from Volvo and its local dealer, Volvo Villa, is a huge disappointment to this repeat Volvo purchaser and I wanted the Swedespeed community to be fully aware, before falling into a similar situation. We are no longer excited about a new XC90 or the trip to Sweden to pick it up. In fact we will be cancelling the order, pending any intervention by Volvo's NA President to call me and apologize in person for their exceptionally poor handling of this new car purchase on all fronts. I am willing to bet anyone on this forum, including Grecian, that no one from Volvo NA will ever give me the professional courtesy of a call (however should I be proven wrong, my contact information and all of the above details can be confirmed with Aaron Chuang at Volvo Villa).

As an aside, I also purchased a new Porsche Cayenne this spring for myself. The sales process with my dealer was nothing short of fantastic. I was given a delivery date, which they met, and was emailed when the vehicle was being painted at the factory, again when it landed in Canada, and once more when it was delivered to the dealership (with photos attached). Start to finish a great purchase experience and night and day from the above failings of Volvo. I guess my wife can also look forward to a new vehicle made in Germany.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well for on Volvo NA will not call you as Volvo Canada is now a separate entity from its US counterpart. The good news is that the Canadian CEO is probably a lot less busy than the US one... Sucks for these huge delays and screw ups with the deposit. Totally unacceptable for a 10% deposit on a product not even released or test driven.

Still, I would not compare the smooth sale of a product that has been offered on the market already for a long time (Cayenne) with an announced product that has yet to even land on this continent (The T8).

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that! I can totally understand your frustration especially after you were already booking a trip to Sweden & looking forward to it :facepalm:

I had a feeling this might happen with the T8 after reading about all these delays into Spring 2016 now that's why I decided long ago just to wait it out & order the 2017 MY. Hopefully by then (next year around this time) things will get sorted out with T8 deliveries, certain missing options, etc. but who knows...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just to entertain you.

Ordered my T8 full option at Paris motorshow in Oct 2014 (with the EUR to USD high, about $106K);
Initial delivery date was July 2015;
Got delayed in Feb 2015 down to Sept 2015 if I dropped the electric 3rd row seats which I did;
Go further delayed early June 2015 when we finalised all options/colours with my wife to mid-December 2015;
Got further delayed mid-July 2015 to Jan/Feb 2016.

I am in touch with Volvo France so that they lend me a new XC90 until it arrives. Honestly, Volvo completely screwed up the launch of the T8 which was not ready at all in 2014. I am not sure production lines have already started yet. For us, we'll probably wait as this is the only European car that can accommodate 7 people in a decent comfort with a bit of power.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered in the US an incription xc90. Ordered it mid July with an estimated arrival of early october. To date I have not received any information at all about the car. I have called my dealer a few time to get updates and they have confirmed everything is up to schedule bUT zero details. I was expecting much more. Updates of where the car was a long the production process etc. I guess Volvo just does not have enough experience in the luxury special order market. Huge miss for Volvo to create repeat business and brand loyalty for new customers

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was saying the same thing myself a month ago before my XC90 got here. Small comfort when you are waiting through the long, cold night of zero proactive communication, BUT, when you get the car, it's so awesome, it kind of makes you forget all of the waiting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered my T8 in the UK in late January this year. I had a delivery date from the dealer of 22nd September. This was pushed back to November. In Europe we have Volvo online which tracks the delivery date. Not hugely accurate but at least gives an idea. This has never been less than the end of December and this week it moved to the beginning of February. I think anybody who has ordered later in this year will be lucky to see theirs until March/ April and even early orders will be New Year.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'm curious when they will start taking 2017 MY orders??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can anybody tell me if the production version of the XC90 T8 already is build and shipped ? If not when will the first come?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also ordered my T8 Inscription through OSD. Order was confirmed in mid August 2015 with delivery date in April 2016. Hope there won't be another global delay. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I also ordered my T8 Inscription through OSD. Order was confirmed in mid August 2015 with delivery date in April 2016. Hope there won't be another global delay. Fingers crossed...
They should be calling it 2017 MY by then lol :D

·
Registered
985 Posts
That sinks. In 2011 we ordered a 2012 XC70 T6 in June with the target delivery date of August (which coincided with our lease end date); however, the delivery date was pushed back to October. Don Beyer Volvo in Dulles, VA bridged this period for us with loaner cars during the entire 2-month wait (no charge). We are now loyal customers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered my T8 Inscription in January, and it is/will be produced this week (38). I dont't have Amber/Espresso leather (it is Blonde) nor the 360 camera (only rear parking camera), maybe that helps to avoid delays... Should arrive at the dealer around 5th of October.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
They should be calling it 2017 MY by then lol :D
Exactly... It seems T8 will be actually delivered almost a year later than the T6 FE. It indeed should be called a MY 2017, though I don't expect some desired features, like the power folding 3rd row seat, could be added by that time :facepalm:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered my T8 Inscription in January, and it is/will be produced this week (38). I dont't have Amber/Espresso leather (it is Blonde) nor the 360 camera (only rear parking camera), maybe that helps to avoid delays... Should arrive at the dealer around 5th of October.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Wow, that sounds great! only less than 3 weeks to go. Hope everything goes well and you get your T8 on time. Please post pics of your brand new T8 and tell us how it drives. I guess you are among the first owners of T8 in this forum.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Can anybody tell me if the production version of the XC90 T8 already is build and shipped ? If not when will the first come?
First U.S.-spec'd T8s will start being built in mid-October.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Placed an XC90 T8 order last week of May 2015 - now showing as a production week 41 vehicle.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts