SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologizes for the duplicate threads, but there's not a whole lot of T8's in the S60/V60 subforum and there's a ton here in the XC60 subforum (begs the question whether there should be a separate PHEV/EV section altogether...)

Has anyone else noticed the charging speeds for their T8 slowly improving? When I first got the car, from empty to full on a Level 1 charger it would take 7hrs, just like the manual says, and 3.5hrs on a Level 2 charger. Over the last month, I've noticed that it's now only taking 5.75hrs on a Level 1 charger and about 2.75hrs on a Level 2 charger. It's almost a 20% improvement...and the overall range hasn't changed, and the amount of charge I'm getting doesn't seem to have changed much either (about 9kwh from empty to full as indicated by the EVSE). I can't help but wonder if maybe Volvo tweaked the software in the latest update to reduce the usable amount of battery but maintain the same range...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Havent noticed that on my 2019 T8. And I believe it is up to date on all software

·
Registered
227 Posts
We have a 2020 XC60 T8. Had it for 8 months have not really noticed any changes. Great car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts