SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least 5 times it happened during the last 2 months that google navigation was completely stuck and stopped working and the only way to bring it back was the complete system reset.

Recently it happened that the ventilation kept running full speed all the time regardless 1- 5 level setting. Full reset necessary.

Yesterday after starting the car the display did not show at all, just black blank. Had to stop and wait for a complete reset.

Nothing like this ever happened to me with previous XC90s from 2016. Not sure if this is a kind of improvement and upgrade ?

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Software is "up to date".

New story today - cargo door impossible to close: none of the buttons worked. I locked and opened the car again - not possible to close. I had to push the door down manually to be able to close it and to leave. After I arrived it started working again. Nice, Volvo ...

· Registered
2023 Volvo XC90 Ultimate
61 Posts
I’ve been experiencing very similar problems with my 2023 t8, just dumb stuff. Black screen requiring reboot, volume bar won’t hide blocking the back arrow and anything else I need on top on top of the screen, all sounds suddenly stop working entirely, sudden freezing, lagging, Google maps crashes, just all kinds of random hiccups that suddenly go away after a reboot or a few hours. Today all day while driving I had zero LTE and even tried the LTE reset by holding down the windshield defroster button for 20 seconds and nothing… stopped the car for a few hours and when I returned it was back up working again. Sigh.

I’m just hoping Volvo is actually working on all these software hiccups with the new Google system and plans on lots of updates soon because it’s making our otherwise wonderful car experience sort of annoying. The car is so great in every other way but man, the silly software issues get under my skin sometimes.

· Registered
23 Posts
I'm having issues with the HVAC system thinking it's stuck in preconditioning while driving. I have to reboot the display otherwise it's completely non functional. Presents a major safety hazard in the cold temps as windows fog up while driving.

· Premium Member
39 Posts
it has happened to me two times (black screen) when it was connected with my iphone in apple car play mode (i think it has to do with it). I hope that they will iron out all the glitches.
I would also like to bring back all the adjustments that we had in the sensus XC90s in regards to the Lane assist and assist pilot in general. Now i dont think they let you manage whether the car will just warn you , but the steering wheel will automatically adjust. ( in the past if i remember correctly the pilot assist had 3 settings: a normal, aggressive etc). Now evyrything is on/off, no personalization.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts