SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everybody,

I never thought I would be posting a message on a Volvo message board.

I have been waiting and saving for a long time to buy a new crossover/SUV. I am coming from a 2002 Acura RSX. My safest bet from a reliability standpoint is to go with the new 2016 Lexus RX F-Sport as I want to finance the car and keep it for at least 10 years.

This new XC90 just has me thinking about it all the time. I love the look inside and out and watched every review on YouTube.

I am interested in the T6 R-Design with the Convenience Package, Vision Package, Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound System, and the 22 x 9 - 5-Double Spoke Diamond Cut/Matte Black Alloy Wheels.

Not one dealer in Southern Cali has it in stock, I haven’t seen any on the streets, and the posts here don’t really talk about it. I have seen a few posts about the T8 R-Design.

Is the T6 R-Design not a popular option?

How is the reliability of a Volvo? Is it expensive to service like an Audi or BMW after the warranty finishes?

Thank you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
T6 R-Design just went into production, from what I can tell, so you wouldn't see any in the US just yet. I placed an order about a month ago and have been told to expect mid-November delivery (northeast US).

·
Registered
42 Posts
You havent seen any R-designs because they are not out yet. To my understanding they just started production on this trim style this month and they probably wont be making their way over here to the US until November. I placed my T6 R-design order back in March and have an ETA of 11/13/15 to the dealership

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You havent seen any R-designs because they are not out yet. To my understanding they just started production on this trim style this month and they probably wont be making their way over here to the US until November. I placed my T6 R-design order back in March and have an ETA of 11/13/15 to the dealership
That explains it. Thank you.

·
Registered
515 Posts
In general, maintaining a Volvo after warranty is much cheaper than Audi and also cheaper than BMW, to a slightly lesser extent. That said, it's difficult to predict what the XC90 will be like as it is completely brand new.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In general, maintaining a Volvo after warranty is much cheaper than Audi and also cheaper than BMW, to a slightly lesser extent. That said, it's difficult to predict what the XC90 will be like as it is completely brand new.
That is good know. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Test drove an XC90 today. Car is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Going to come back with my wife so she can take a look also.

Is anyone here from Southern Cali that can recommend/advise which dealership(s) I should work with or stay away from?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Test drove an XC90 today. Car is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Going to come back with my wife so she can take a look also.

Is anyone here from Southern Cali that can recommend/advise which dealership(s) I should work with or stay away from?
Yes - I have practically spoken to every dealership in Southern California. I would avoid below two at all costs:

1.) Santa Monica Volvo
2.) Ontario Volvo

These are the only two dealerships in Southern California which are selling cars with dealer markups, which is fine if they want to make more money. Santa Monica sales people are just arrogant, so don't even bother asking. Everybody else is selling at MSRP and are generally okay to deal with. Since no one is giving a discount just go with any dealership that has the car you like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts