SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

T6 Momentum or T5 Inscription?

11K views 57 replies 30 participants last post by  ranchhand1 
#1 ·
if you had to choose. which one would you get? T6 Momentum or T5 Inscription?

#6 ·
This + 1000.

Pilot Assist with ACC is the most important thing... But otherwise I think I'd want the power and I like the softer seats in Momentum

#9 ·
I have the T6- wish it were the T5. Never use all the power, poor mpg, and premium gas

#13 ·
If both have Pilot Assist, then I’d go for the T6. Coming out of a 2010 T6 I knew I wouldn’t be happy downgrading hp.

#14 ·
I had the same conundrum between a T5 and T6. Settled with a T5 and haven't felt like I've run out of power in any situation (and this is coming from a S60 T6). Peace of mind is that a single turbo would hopefully be less complicated than a super+turbo setup, I intend to keep this car for the long term. Like aforementioned, slightly better fuel consumption, premium gas is required (although my salesperson incorrectly told me otherwise).

#19 ·
Pilot Assist makes all the passengers barf, it's irrelevant in this discussion.
Au contraire. My passenger on the previously mentioned long distance stop-and-go is motion sensitive and doesn't drive often himself because of a head injury. He said that he didn't notice it was on except sometimes during braking. No barfing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I test drove a T5 and a T6 back to back in that order, expecting to be blown away and sold on the extra power of the T6. I found myself not liking the T6 at all. It was noisier than the T5 (supercharger whine is nice only on a muscle car) and also found the T6 to feel very unproportional with power delivery. Based on those 2 factors, I opted for the T5. I give the T5 more then adequate for normal driving and even spirited driving when in Dynamic Mode.

#22 ·
I wanted to suggest the T8. Smoothest power delivery of them all, but is clearly (and surprisingly) too much horsepower/torque for some folks :whistle:

#21 ·
Having just recently test driven both trim levels and engines we went with a T6 Inscription and have no regrets. I note the comment about engine whine and can honestly say we have only noticed it once. This is an awesome car which fits our needs. Everyone's different so you really should drive both and no matter which you decide on I'm sure you wont regret it.

#24 ·
Another good use for PA and ACC is when you happen to be following a numbnuts in traffic whose brake lights are inoperative.

#29 ·
I got my Momentum T6 on July 6 so have had it 3 weeks. So far the gas mileage is excellent...much better than my 2015 Lincoln MKC with the 2.3l engine. Last week I did an almost 800 km trip, driving at 120-125 kmh with a few km of city driving thrown in, on 1 tank of gas....I calculated about 33 mpg (8.4l/100 km). The T5 & T6 both require premium. I used ACC and PA with no issues. PA doesn't drive for you....you still have to drive and pay attention and if you do, then it is not noticeable if you are good at staying centred between the lines when driving straight and around curves. I'm pleased with it.

#31 ·
I know this wasn't one of the options but T5 R design with Polestar tune for sure. I chose this combo for many of the reasons cited above. Polestar provides low end torque that the supercharger does without the noise, complexity etc.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

#58 ·
Ordered 2020 T6. Wanted extra hustle. Usually we drive like two grannies. LOL We are at that age too! With the T6 we want to play with it from time to time after well broken in. I've never had a car with over 235 hp so this is a big step up. I don't care about mileage or using premium gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.