SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
If I was forced between those two, I would go with the T5 Inscription. I went with a T6 Inscription, but I would've been alright with a T5 that matched up with everything else I wanted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a T6 Momentum. Love it! The difference between the T6 and the T5 is that the T6 has a twin turbo, where as the T5 has a single turbo. No lag time when accelerating after a red light.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have a T6 Momentum. Love it! The difference between the T6 and the T5 is that the T6 has a twin turbo, where as the T5 has a single turbo. No lag time when accelerating after a red light.
Umm T5 - turbo
T6 - supercharger + turbo :)
We have a T5 - plenty of power

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Either one is good to me but I'll choose the one with Pilot Assist.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts

This + 1000.

Pilot Assist with ACC is the most important thing... But otherwise I think I'd want the power and I like the softer seats in Momentum

·
Registered
110 Posts
How frequently do you find yourself zooming out of red lights so you don’t suffer due to the turbo lag?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Actually, the T6 has a supercharger to go with the turbo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the T6- wish it were the T5. Never use all the power, poor mpg, and premium gas

·
Registered
95 Posts

+1 to PA. Used it for the first time today in long distance stop-and-go. Totally does away with road rage.

But if I had to make the OP’s choice, I’d Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
T5 requires premium gas too. MPG is just 2+ better than T6.
Agreed and I am good with the T5 in my XC40.. and I was coming from an S60 T6. The T5 offers plenty of power (although I did add the P* tune) and a more simple design. A 4cyl turbo is just less complicated than a SC and Turbo.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If both have Pilot Assist, then I’d go for the T6. Coming out of a 2010 T6 I knew I wouldn’t be happy downgrading hp.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had the same conundrum between a T5 and T6. Settled with a T5 and haven't felt like I've run out of power in any situation (and this is coming from a S60 T6). Peace of mind is that a single turbo would hopefully be less complicated than a super+turbo setup, I intend to keep this car for the long term. Like aforementioned, slightly better fuel consumption, premium gas is required (although my salesperson incorrectly told me otherwise).

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
T6 momentum. the T5 SPA truck is downright sluggish.

Pilot Assist makes all the passengers barf, it's irrelevant in this discussion.

·
Registered
337 Posts
PHP:
So the takeaway after reading this thread is that many Volvo drivers don’t like extra horsepower and prefer for somebody else to do the driving for them. Sheesh. I can’t believe what I’m reading.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
PHP:
So the takeaway after reading this thread is that many Volvo drivers don’t like extra horsepower and prefer for somebody else to do the driving for them. Sheesh. I can’t believe what I’m reading.
Believe it, this is the trend. lol. But more accurately, it is don't mind HP as long as reasonable, and be able to have someone else drive sometimes.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Recharge T8 R-Design
64 Posts
I test drove a T5 and a T6 back to back in that order, expecting to be blown away and sold on the extra power of the T6. I found myself not liking the T6 at all. It was noisier than the T5 (supercharger whine is nice only on a muscle car) and also found the T6 to feel very unproportional with power delivery. Based on those 2 factors, I opted for the T5. I give the T5 more then adequate for normal driving and even spirited driving when in Dynamic Mode.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pilot Assist makes all the passengers barf, it's irrelevant in this discussion.
Au contraire. My passenger on the previously mentioned long distance stop-and-go is motion sensitive and doesn’t drive often himself because of a head injury. He said that he didn’t notice it was on except sometimes during braking. No barfing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would personally look into a T8..if ur in the USA with the federal tax credit of $500s and some states offer incentives as well....you might be surprised on how close it can be to the T6....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts