SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
Is there a database of how many T5R survivors are left here in the states?
Colors, and if car is running or not
It would be interesting to know.
I can start with mine
'95 yellow with 180k
Im the second owner. PO bought it in new in NM. Kept it for 20yrs till sold to me.
Finally adding a pic. I hope it works

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Third owner yellow sedan, spent 15 years in NM, then 5 in MN, now in OH the past year, 151k.

·
Registered
16,499 Posts
3rd legal owner (probably 4th user), yellow T-5R estate. ~276k. It was used by Volvo as a press car until '98, then the first legal owner started it CT, moved to VT, then to WV. Maronha owned it for about 2 years, then I bought it this January.

IT RUNS! Original engine and trans....although the AW50-42LE is starting to show some early signs of failure so, if I can't revive it with some fresh fluid, a manual swap may be in the future.

This database should also have a section for 850Rs and 850 Platinum Editions, IMO.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3rd legal owner (probably 4th user), yellow T-5R estate. ~276k. Suspect it was on lease or used by Volvo employee until '98, then first legal owner started it CT, moved to VT, then to WV. Maronha owned it for about 2 years, then I bought it this January.

IT RUNS! Original engine and trans....although I plan to swap out the AW50-42LE for a M66D at some point in the hopefully not too distant future.

This database should also have a section for 850Rs and 850 Platinum Editions, IMO.
Yes sir.
R sedans and wagons
Platinums sedan and wagons please join in. It would be awesome to have this data available for all owners.
Thank you all for posting....lets keep it going

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Here is mine.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Almost 20 years to the day I purchased it new, I sold the 855R today to a board member from Indiana. ~168k miles. (picture from 2 weeks ago)

·
Registered
16,499 Posts
I would propose we create a Google Docs spreadsheet so that we can have a way to use the data that we are accumulating. If this thread takes off, it's going to get to be tens of pages long and difficult to find any usable information in it.

If we wanted to go all out, we might need a website.....maybe something like THIS.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wow, those HPT5 engines go forever, don't they?

Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
921 Posts
1995 T-5R Sedan in Cream Yellow. Second owner, 92k miles. First owner bought the car new in Pennsylvania and had it in Westchester, NY until a few months ago.

·
Registered
155 Posts
96 platinum
3rd owner last owner past threw family
170k miles

i also found a second one today i just seen that it probably wasnt running but it was a platinum and i want it XD

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Thanks for posting. I always take something new away from these production numbers.

The relative scarcity of these cars really depends on where you live.

Fewer black cars than yellow overall but not in the US.

Almost twice as many wagons as sedans overall but the US got very few wagons, which is reflective of the prices we see.

Lots of wagons in Europe and Japan - sedans are rarer there. Probably more of a tie into the touring car series, which is popular there.

In the US, lots of production to the Western and Midwestern regions but relatively little in the Northern region, which seems odd given the latter is one of Volvo's traditional markets.

I would love to get my hands on one of the 13 green wagons that made it here.

·
Registered
16,499 Posts
Any production data for the 850R?
Not yet that I know of. We need to get the guys that put that T-5R chart together to figure this out.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts