SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car recently has started misfiring. It typically happens when the car is either at idle, or at low load. VIDA says it's misfiring on cylinders 1, 2, 4, and 5, but it's not saying what's bad. It does throw a CEL however, and constantly flashes the CEL when it's occurring. Spark plugs look fine. The car is a 1999 V70 T5M with 242k miles and is only run on 93 octane. I'm guessing it's possibly a faulty MAF, as I highly doubt the chances of four ignition coils failing at once. Does anyone have any other input on possible causes, I would really appreciate some insight from you guys, and thank you!

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
move plug #3 around as well as coil #3. coil first since its easier. that will tell you if its the coil, the plug or both. Also try this at night with the spark plug cover off and look for obvious shorts, the wiring loom can get pretty ragged under that cover with oil and heat

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
For all of them to misfire I'd probably look at the cps and see what it looks like with that many miles on it.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For all of them to misfire I'd probably look at the cps and see what it looks like with that many miles on it.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk
I'll definitely get a look at it when I can, that would make sense for some of the other weird things it does. Like the RPM gauge jumps when I start it.

Any update on the problem?
Not yet. It's very intermittent though, and the car has decided not to have a problem for a few days now. >.<

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Look at your wiring loom. Could have a short under the spark plug cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts