SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i just new'
i just had S60 2005 132000 k/m

can i install T5 turbo on my 2.5T because its bigger ,does it safe for the engine , or it will damage it all i know is that T5 engine is the same of 2.5T but with higher pressure turbo

plz let me know because i,m so intresting

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yes, it can be done, and a couple people have done it in the past. You'll want to get a 16t turbo, and there are tunes made for the conversion. The person you'll want to get in contact with is George @ ViVaPerformance, and he'll give you a price for everything you'll need. With the prices of T5's, you mind want to consider trading up for a T5, plus, you'll have the option of a manual tranny which would be a huge plus!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Bender)

guys i think you got me wronge i dont want a complete engine of T5

no hell, i want the turbine (turbo only) because T5 turbine is bigger and the piping is bigger too i will never replace my engine its clean and healty

i hope

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
yeah....its better to save money for a dp, ecu tune and catback...you will have fun with the new power with that setup.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (ltdakheel)

Quote, originally posted by ltdakheel »
guys i think you got me wronge i dont want a complete engine of T5

no hell, i want the turbine (turbo only) because T5 turbine is bigger and the piping is bigger too i will never replace my engine its clean and healty

i hope

Bender and I are saying that it would be more cost effective if you just sold your car and got an S60 T5 instead. It would probobly end up being much cheaper since the prices of S60s are so low right now, you might even want to consider an S60R, since they are so cheap right now.

But, if you still want to do a turbo upgrade, the info that I gave you above still applies. Let me know if you need any more help, I will gladly help you with any more questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts