SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed recently that my OTE pipe have snapped at lower mount, that plastic part that is screwed to side of engine block. It must have happened on recent engine drop or when car was at exhaust shop well within last 4 months anyway. Took the pipe out today to inspect it, seem not damaged internally (was afraid its pierced and leaking air) but I noticed weird "alien blood" all over the snapped piece and nearby hoses. Seem to me that it snapped, someone was trying to fix it by using some compound and obviously it failed... Anyway - took the snapped piece out so it doesnt rattle (was very loose between block and screw head but screw was tight in, maybe not original one?). Wasnt sure if that screw does anything except holding that pipe so I have screwed it back in tightly.
questions:
- if pipe is held to block only by 1 screw (that top one) is that enough or that side mount is really important?
- does that side-screw have any other purpose or I can safely screw it out if there is no mount there now?

many thanks for info

Blue Engine Pipe Automotive engine part Nut

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't worry about it. Aftermarket options don't bother with that mount - just the one that bolts to the top of the engine closer to the turbo.
Grand, thanks, good to know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts