SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

T5 manual in 5.7 secs?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  WiseGuyVolvoS60 
#1 ·
Came upon this website msn review that the T5 manual gets 5.7 seconds from 0-60 and 6.5 on a T5 geartronic. Very unrealistic. And yet the reviewers' methods described in the review seem very legitimate.

#2 ·
quote:

Originally posted by bfavre4:
Came upon this website msn review that the T5 manual gets 5.7 seconds from 0-60 and 6.5 on a T5 geartronic. Very unrealistic. And yet the reviewers' methods described in the review seem very legitimate.
Who knows i say. The T5 is a fast car, just has problems getting off the line. This had to be a very good day, perfect weather, no fuel in the tank, a very small driver. If Im correct when Car and Driver test, they had a driver, 100lbs of equipment, and a full tank of gas. But who knows. The power is there to make the run, I just dont think the traction is there. I will say this I smoked a WRX in my T5 and it does 0-60 in 5.8 sec(WRX). I say good for the 5.7 sec T5

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by bfavre4:
I don't know how these clowns get their numbers, anyway. They claim that a n/a S60 with automatic is quicker in the 1/4-mile by .3 secs. Who is shifting? My dead grandmother? And then, the S60 2.4T is only .2 secs quicker (in the 1.4-mile) than the automatic non-turbo? Yeah! And the 2.4T has the same fuel economy as the non-turbo automatic? Yeah! and...and...and...

But the S60 T5 manual is a very quick car. The difference between an automatic and a manual (still in the 2002 S60 T5) is huge...very dramatic. Although a stock 1/4-mile time of 14.0 secs is very respectable, I guess it is possible under the right conditions...who knows?

Yannis
Yannis

#6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
That is a damn good question. What is the fastest production Volvo ever made? I am guessing that it is the S70R FWD Manual, until the S60R comes out.

-Drew
You think that the S70R (FWD) with a manual is quicker than an S60 T5 with a manual? Taking any bets?

Yannis

#7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:
You think that the S70R (FWD) with a manual is quicker than an S60 T5 with a manual? Taking any bets?

Yannis

Well, I was was able to kill my friends 850T5 with chip with my S60T5 until he mounted this stupid 4 stage selectable ECU and a free flow exhaust/downpipe without cat. ....

#8 ·
If Volvo wants to create its image of performance autos, which it seems to be doing with the T5 models etc, they're going to have to have some professional drivers test their cars right out of the factory. On their website they should list, along with the engine specs of each car, its performance numbers. Audi, BMW, MB.. they all do it. In any case, I've read that the 2.4T and T5 have relatively the same 0-60 seconds, like .3 difference or something but that doesnt seem right considering the 50 more hp and 40 something more torque. When 0-60 numbers need to be so accurate and precise, which they do for enthusiats, the slightest variability in condition can offset its true times... Anyways, the T5 is a fast car no matter what other people say. 5.7 seconds? That seems a little fast for a car of that size... but is very possible on the right day!

#9 ·
And... as I forgot to mention, the 250hp S4 weighs about 400lbs more than the S60 and they have about the same drag coefficiant and about the same power. If the S4 takes 0-60 in manual at 5.9 seconds (so www.audiusa.com says) and is AWD (which slows it down) you could easily see how a S60 T5 rolls 0-60 in 5.9 or even less in manual. 400lbs less and FWD! I could see S60 T5 doing 0-60 in 5.7 in the right conditions. volvos rock

#10 ·
Ok, Honestly Yannis i dont no wht the hell your smoking. I got a 2.4t and i run 15.6. If you say a T5 stick runs 14.0, i gotta be running atleast 14.5. which is pyschically impossible. Really, get ur head out of the clowds and on the track. If anyone on this site has a stock T5 that under 14.7, ill buy them the Volvo Corporation. Really, I dont think you were thinking when you siad 14.0. are you sick in the head or something. Vette Convertable runs alittle less then 14.0. Man, please tell me you were joking. you reply to everyone thinking you know everything Yannis. and you try to tell me a T5 runs 14.0 LOL LOL LOL.

Wise Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.