SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the exhaust is the same on the T5 after the cat as the 2.4? I can't seem to find any catback exhaust systems for my 2.4, and the few ones i can find aren't available or very overpriced.

I have already done the De-Unicorn mod but i want the car to be little louder without being too loud. So i was also thinking about removing the first Muffler/Resonator after the cat. 3 on the picture, has anyone tried removing it?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
It's not going to be much louder man, to be honest. I'd just get someone to fabricate a proper diameter in the place of the stock muffler and maybe put some sort of aftermarket muffler in it so you don't lose your torque. Here it costs approx $150 for a muffler elimination and a straight pipe build at a local muffler shop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agreed. I got a 2 1/2" "after the diff" replacement for the stock T5 setup, with a straight-through muffler, for $160. It sounds good, not loud but audible, and the performance is noticeably better. To qualify, I do think the original (258k miles) muffler had a blockage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts