SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
What a good source for all the replacement suspension bushings?
FCP for OEM, and ViVA or PowerFlex directly for poly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What a good source for all the replacement suspension bushings?
Thanks,

I just purchased a southern California 2012 C70 with 56,000 miles. I want to make sure it's as good as new, and do all preventative maintenance. Would very much appreciate if you could let me know your experience with which suspension bushings you replaced with OEM and which with aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I replaced all with PowerFlex poly, even the rear upper adjustable control arm bushes. Purple everywhere except the front lower control arms. Went with PowerFlex poly black there. If you are looking for a stock feel, albeit a NEW stock feel, stick to OEM. If you don’t mind a little extra work or money or money and work, lol, going with the PowerFlex purple poly will be your best bet and they will outlast the car. They aren’t jaw rattlingly stiff but definitely improve the handling and pull the slop out of the steering. Biggest thing I’ve noticed is I have eliminated all wheel hop. Everything is more precise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I replaced all with PowerFlex poly, even the rear upper adjustable control arm bushes. Purple everywhere except the front lower control arms. Went with PowerFlex poly black there. If you are looking for a stock feel, albeit a NEW stock feel, stick to OEM. If you don’t mind a little extra work or money or money and work, lol, going with the PowerFlex purple poly will be your best bet and they will outlast the car. They aren’t jaw rattlingly stiff but definitely improve the handling and pull the slop out of the steering. Biggest thing I’ve noticed is I have eliminated all wheel hop. Everything is more precise.
Perfect. Thanks. That is the info I was looking for.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts