SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I think the T5 needs more power, but it never hurts. Noticed that there's an upper and lower intake at Elevate that is claimed to produce a decent amount of power for the T5. For people with the Elevate intake, what are your thoughts? Any issues with smogging (CA, NY, etc.), or CEL?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
No issues with cel or emissions, the noise is the most noticeable difference especially depending on what filter you using. My biggest problem with the intake is fitment clearing the vacuum lines your almost guaranteed to scrape the intake during install.

If you do purchase one I suggest taping off your vacuum lines for a smoother surface.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
you may want to look into buying the intake pipe off the k&n kit directly from k&n, should fit better and be much cheaper... a few people have done that here, I think i still have all the part numbers and links to where to buy the stuff if you want.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

I have it and I like it, it deletes the resonator before the turbo so you do get some much nicer spool noises but not more then 10-20% increase nothing drastic. Turbo spool time is less as well, I quite like the change.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: domwild43

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No issues with cel or emissions, the noise is the most noticeable difference especially depending on what filter you using.
I assume you're talking about the upper elevate intake -- is it worth the change? Notice extra power???

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I assume you're talking about the upper elevate intake -- is it worth the change? Notice extra power???
I dont know about extra power since the computer limits the boost to 10lbs no matter what, but what i do notice is more frequent boost conditions.

I have a boost gauge on my car (aftermarket) and before i would get on the throttle at 50% or more and after a short period the car may start building boost at about 1-2psi... and now with the pipe even at 30% throttle on take off i see instant boost build if I go to 50% throttle i can start seeing about 4-5psi, in 1st then 6-7 in second and on highway after 3rd gear it would go all the way up to 10psi very smoothly.

Seems that the ease of air delivery to the turbo removes some of the turbo lag and gives you quicker boost build up so id say im happy with what it did to the car.

So i guess you can say that peak power is same but 2000rpm power comes much sooner then it did before.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Oooohhhhh lol see now that's different. Ya how about those man ive been considering just having one made for cheap.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Oooohhhhh lol see now that's different. Ya how about those man ive been considering just having one made for cheap.

Me too! For that price you could have a really nice custom manifold welded up and even anodized lol.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does seem a few hundred steep, but they probably don't get too many people interested in new intake manifolds for the T5. The lower manifold is the OEM port matched and polished. I'm also guessing that if you installed this manifold that you would instantly get a CEL.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Nope. But, intake plus cold air, downpipe and intercooler all without tune will give you CEL.

Reactions: S40Rturbofl

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
K16 plus tune would be way more power and no CARB folks will know.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I don't think that manifold would pass visual inspection test :(
I can't believe yall even have that over that would drive me crazy. I'd be like inspect deez... Lol

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Compared to NM's 'emission test' (aka look to see if no CEL or leaking gas), ya it's ridiculous. But CA has a TON of cars, so it kinda makes sense.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts