SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. I have a problem with a throttle (that's what I heard from a dealer). After I turn off the engine there is a strange noise under the hood for about 2 minutes. Please take a look at this video.
Yesterday they replaced the throttle but it didn't help.. So they sent technical report to Sweden and they said it is fine, sometimes the throttle can calibrate for 2-3minutes. But it happens every time I turn off the engine and it wasn't before. It is V60 CC 2018 only~10k miles.

Did anyone have to deal with this before?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have the same sound in my 2013 S60. Was told by the dealer it was normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't see the video, but is it the pump continuing to run coolant through the engine? Does it happen every time you turn the car off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Have a 2015.5 V60 T6 3.0L R-Design and it does the exact same thing. Unless I open the hood I cannot hear it.
@saucisse In my case I can hear it even a few meters from the car with the hood closed.

I have the same sound in my 2013 S60. Was told by the dealer it was normal.
@Tonyfr can you hear it with the closed hood in some distance from a car? or you need to open the hood?

I can't see the video, but is it the pump continuing to run coolant through the engine? Does it happen every time you turn the car off?
@DevoTX for 99,99% it's a sound from the throttle - there is some electronic device on the body. it happens every time I turn off the car :(

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Happens with me too. In fact I was tinkering around this morning so the engine was completely cold and I did not even start it.
I only pushed the start button to power the accessories and it started the noise. Been doing that since new so that is normal.
BMWs make their own noises as well but not quite this way.

·
Registered
645 Posts
@Tonyfr can you hear it with the closed hood in some distance from a car? or you need to open the hood? (
I can hear it with the hood closed and also from inside of the car. I also have a clicking sound from the rear of the car when I apply the parking brake; like it is still adjusting itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for confirmation that this issue is not an issue. It looks like I have to deal with it. ;)

I can hear it with the hood closed and also from inside of the car. I also have a clicking sound from the rear of the car when I apply the parking brake; like it is still adjusting itself.
In my case there is no sound from the rear of the car, yet ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts