SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My dealer has a batch of XC 60's that are due in about 2 months. I am close to ordering one of them and have a few questions.

He has one Momentum T4 and several Inscription T5 AWD vehicles.

I can configure everything else apart from the trim level and engines.

I've priced out configurations with my desired options and get the following:

Momentum T4: 68,520 Swiss francs
Inscription T5 AWD: 78,260 Swiss francs

For the additional 9,740 Swiss francs I would be getting the following:

T5 engine (250 vs 190 bhp) and AWD
Leather seats and dash
Passenger seat memory (possibly side view mirror memory not included in the Momentum configuration as well)

Otherwise the option/pack choices make the vehicles the same or very similar. We don't often drive on snow or in rough terrain where AWD might have a practical advantage.

Based on the above it looks to me like it really comes down to whether I want to spend about 10,000 francs for the bigger engine and leather seats. I've not found much online about the T4 engine and nothing about it in an XC 60. I would be concerned if the T4 was a noisy cruiser at 130 km/h and of course I need overtaking power, but otherwise am not a sporty driver and do not need massive power.

Which way would people here advise me to go?

Dave M

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Hello all,

My dealer has a batch of XC 60's that are due in about 2 months. I am close to ordering one of them and have a few questions.

He has one Momentum T4 and several Inscription T5 AWD vehicles.

I can configure everything else apart from the trim level and engines.

I've priced out configurations with my desired options and get the following:

Momentum T4: 68,520 Swiss francs
Inscription T5 AWD: 78,260 Swiss francs

For the additional 9,740 Swiss francs I would be getting the following:

T5 engine (250 vs 190 bhp) and AWD
Leather seats and dash
Passenger seat memory (possibly side view mirror memory not included in the Momentum configuration as well)

Otherwise the option/pack choices make the vehicles the same or very similar. We don't often drive on snow or in rough terrain where AWD might have a practical advantage.

Based on the above it looks to me like it really comes down to whether I want to spend about 10,000 francs for the bigger engine and leather seats. I've not found much online about the T4 engine and nothing about it in an XC 60. I would be concerned if the T4 was a noisy cruiser at 130 km/h and of course I need overtaking power, but otherwise am not a sporty driver and do not need massive power.

Which way would people here advise me to go?

Dave M
If you live in an area with some hills and slopes, and road could be snowy or icy in winter, T5 AWD is much better than FWD.
Is this T4 the 3-cyl engine? You really want to test drive it first.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I’d vote for T5 with the nicer seats. Switzerland and you don’t drive in snow? How about driving in rain? AWD would be worth it to me. 250 horsepower is hardly “massive” iMHO

·
Registered
146 Posts
I own a T5, with POlestar recently installed. Power is OK, particularly when taking over and climbing, but I don't feel an "excess" of power at all. I tested a D4 190 HP before, and was just adequate, but undoubdtfully I do prefer my T5. In your case, I don't know whether a T4+Polestar could be enough, it is possible. Without it I would opt for T5.

About leather seats, is up to you. I have leather in all my last cars. Cleaner, not so much dust, nicer...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely the T5. For the power, leather and trim level. You're buying a new car... Spending all that money, get the better car and feel good about it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
T4 has power 190 hp

Depends on what you need
There are people who have enough power with 190HP , there are people who have 400 HP and are not satisfied

In Europe there and D3 with 150 HP, for some people is enough

1 - 6 of 6 Posts