SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know when is the right time to change from conventional motor oil to synthetic (Mobil 1)?

·
Super Moderator
39,233 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. T5:<BR><B>Does anybody know when is the right time to change from conventional motor oil to synthetic (Mobil 1)?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Volvo recommends to wait until your "first scheduled service", which is (if you drive the car in the city or a lot of stop 'n go conditions, at about 3,750 miles.<P>I changed my oil and filter (w/ conventional) at 1,400 miles and then at 3,750. Then I switched to Mobil 1 which I have been using ever since (14,880 miles at present).<P>Yannis<P><P>

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:<BR><B> Volvo recommends to wait until your "first scheduled service", which is (if you drive the car in the city or a lot of stop 'n go conditions, at about 3,750 miles.<P>I changed my oil and filter (w/ conventional) at 1,400 miles and then at 3,750. Then I switched to Mobil 1 which I have been using ever since (14,880 miles at present).<P>Yannis<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I got around 7000km on my car and i haven't got my first scheduled service yet. How much is for teh first service and what will they do on my car?<P>Thanks<BR>

·
Super Moderator
39,233 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. T5:<BR><B> <BR>I got around 7000km on my car and i haven't got my first scheduled service yet. How much is for teh first service and what will they do on my car?<P>Thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oil and filter change, tire rotation, and there is a list of about 20 items that are checked. Cost varis from Retailer to Retailer; $90 to $150.<P>Yannis<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts