SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Mr. T5:
Does anybody know when is the right time to change from conventional motor oil to synthetic (Mobil 1)?
Volvo recommends to wait until your "first scheduled service", which is (if you drive the car in the city or a lot of stop 'n go conditions, at about 3,750 miles.

I changed my oil and filter (w/ conventional) at 1,400 miles and then at 3,750. Then I switched to Mobil 1 which I have been using ever since (14,880 miles at present).

Yannis

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:
Volvo recommends to wait until your "first scheduled service", which is (if you drive the car in the city or a lot of stop 'n go conditions, at about 3,750 miles.

I changed my oil and filter (w/ conventional) at 1,400 miles and then at 3,750. Then I switched to Mobil 1 which I have been using ever since (14,880 miles at present).

Yannis

I got around 7000km on my car and i haven't got my first scheduled service yet. How much is for teh first service and what will they do on my car?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Mr. T5:

I got around 7000km on my car and i haven't got my first scheduled service yet. How much is for teh first service and what will they do on my car?

Thanks
Oil and filter change, tire rotation, and there is a list of about 20 items that are checked. Cost varis from Retailer to Retailer; $90 to $150.

Yannis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.