·
Registered
1,273 Posts
?????, this is the S60 forum my friend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
?????, this is the S60 forum my friend.
No, this is the XC60 forum. He's in the right place. I'm waiting to be an XC60 owner, hopefully within the week.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Traded my 2004 xc90 T6 on a 2010 xc60 T6 this weekend. Wow, what a car.
Yes, indeed. We drove a couple of 90s when waiting for the 60 to make the scene back in March '09. I thought I would enjoy the V8, but it is an absolute truck compared to the XC60. We traded our '07 XC70 and the only thing I miss is those few inches of cargo deck when loading my bicycle.

Bet you even have those highly-sought-after FOG lights :) . Enjoy the ride and let us know how she's equipped...mileage?

BTW, just installed GoodYear Assurance ComfortTred tires a few days ago. MUCH smoother and quieter than the AllTerrain Scorpions we had for a couple of years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats! Aside from it likely being peppier, what are your thoughts on it compared to the XC90, as far as handling, visibility, quality, etc. is concerned?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, indeed. We drove a couple of 90s when waiting for the 60 to make the scene back in March '09. I thought I would enjoy the V8, but it is an absolute truck compared to the XC60. We traded our '07 XC70 and the only thing I miss is those few inches of cargo deck when loading my bicycle.

Bet you even have those highly-sought-after FOG lights :) . Enjoy the ride and let us know how she's equipped...mileage?

BTW, just installed GoodYear Assurance ComfortTred tires a few days ago. MUCH smoother and quieter than the AllTerrain Scorpions we had for a couple of years.
I put the ComfortTreds on my 07 CR-V EX-L and couldn't believe the difference over the OEM tires!! Now I'm waiting for the 2012 XC-60 which will be MY car and my husband gets the CR-V (still a sweet little vehicle)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats! Aside from it likely being peppier, what are your thoughts on it compared to the XC90, as far as handling, visibility, quality, etc. is concerned?
I test drove the XC90 to get the feel for a wooden steering wheel which we were debating on for the XC-60. The 90 was taller, but I found the ride to be rougher and the steering felt mushier - not as reponsive as the XC-60. As soon as I got back from that drive, I got back in the XC60 to test one with the leather steering wheel. As soon as I started traveling, I looked at the salesman and said "I made the right choice, this is my car." (we did get the classic walnut steering wheel and it is drop dead gorgeous)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I test drove the XC90 to get the feel for a wooden steering wheel which we were debating on for the XC-60. The 90 was taller, but I found the ride to be rougher and the steering felt mushier - not as reponsive as the XC-60. As soon as I got back from that drive, I got back in the XC60 to test one with the leather steering wheel. As soon as I started traveling, I looked at the salesman and said "I made the right choice, this is my car." (we did get the classic walnut steering wheel and it is drop dead gorgeous)
Our RX330 had the light oak steering wheel to match the console and it was very attractive. I'm trying to remember if ANY of our Volvos had a wood wheel. Maybe our '04 V70(very nice vehicle) or the '04 C70, but every one since(4) has been leather.

Congrats on the new ride and the excellent color choice. I wish I could swap colors (Electric Silver XC vs Ice White C70...reverse would be my choice...I really like the white XC).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! We were on the sidelines and had intended to remain for a while longer, but, one thing led to another, and now it's in the garage. It's Ice white with the beige interior, light oak stack, BLIS, City Safe, personal communicator, power lift gate, fogs, and climate package. What really made the decision for us was comparing the size specifications for the 90 vs the 60. My wife had been mostly shopping BMW x5, but I was worried about maintenance and constant fussing BMW owners need to incur to keep their well tuned and precision machines running right. The interior legroom of the 60 vs 90 (front and back) and width are identical. The rear cargo area is a few inches shorter, and the overall car length is something like seven inches shorter. Most of the difference is in the shorter engine bay and hood. We did of course loose head room and height, but we never once stacked the rear of the 90 with anything close to the roof. I could see "coach ricks" point about loading a bike, however. Maybe the factory roof rack would solve that, and it would be so much easier to reach. We lost the third row of seats in the 90, but we only used them a few times and I always felt like the car was overloaded when we did. We also lost the walnut steering wheel, which I'm envious of "arrowens54"! I'm pretty sure the seating height is the same, and ground clearance between the 90 and 60. Going from that 4 speed trans in the 90 into the 6 speed of the 60 is sweet. The 90 had twin turbos that made a lot of turbo noise that I didn't mind, and the 60's twin scroll turbo is quite a bit quieter, but way quicker. One thing I'll miss - not worrying about where we park it, and most importantly, where in the world did the parking receipt clip thing on the windshield go? Every volvo we've owned - 850, s60, xc90 had it. Are those available aftermarket somewhere?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I miss that clip, too. I'm going to pick one up next time I am at the dealer, install it and then update
my sig to list it as a "mod" :) I've only seen them on photos of newer cars in non U.S. markets. They call it a
Ticket Clip, part 8616658 and it costs about a dollar:

http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/ind...&make=Volvo&action=oePartSearch&siteid=213668

In this accessories guide for remote start pg 21,22,23 show how to remove the A-pillar trim. I can't imagine it is too hard to add it from there (but I haven't done it):

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Ac...wDocument/ShowIiDocument/VCC-356667-1/NOTHING

1 - 11 of 11 Posts