SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like the Swedish racing green II shirt. Do you know if there is any print or graphics on the back or nothing?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would assume not. These BlipShift shirts are pretty much "what you see is what you get". No color choice, etc.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I noticed that as well. What I don't understand is why are these shirts only available for a certain period of time then discontinued. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense or seem very business savy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's a mind trick. You know they are only available for a short time. So do many other people. By making it known, they've created a sense of "urgency," which to the consumer means "buy it now or I might miss out!!!!!"

It maximizes their sales in a short period of time, and when they come available again, anyone that "missed out" has the opportunity to be part of the "in crowd."

Personally, I think it's a terrible business model.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's similar to Mass Drop.
I think it makes it possible for a a small niche business to survive. It allows them to carry basically zero inventory, only print when they have volume & keep the price reasonable. Imagine if you owned this T shirt business. There is no possible way you could survive with the "standard" business model. The shirts just don't appeal to a large enough audience. Anything with large appeal will become available again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts