SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
241 - 260 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Looks good, but needs a wang!

Because I'm the moron who didn't believe the weatherman saying it's gonna snow....summer tires and I still was able to handle the snow better than the rest of Long Island ??*??. People need to learn how to drive...some guy in an A6 spin out in front of me on the highway because he just slammed the brakes.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too many people with high-end AWD cars and SUVs think they can violate the laws of physics. And generally have no clue how to drive. I see them all the time on I81 and I87 when it's snowing. Usually, from the NYC area, NJ, or CT.

·
Registered
476 Posts
*hits like button*

I had to wait until yesterday until I had opportunity to reacquaint myself with Haldex (w/ only me in the car). What a hoot: car sliding in turn? Punch the gas and let the rear end hook up! I do wish I had an XC, though, the front end of this S60 sits so low that it wants to tunnel through rather than go over snow banks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have no issues with my lowered V70, but all depends on the depth ofc. Unplug one of the ABS sensors and go ice racing - it:s all sorts of extremely fun.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have no issues with my lowered V70, but all depends on the depth ofc. Unplug one of the ABS sensors and go ice racing - it:s all sorts of extremely fun.
I was going to attempt ice racing on a nearby frozen lake once upon a time... Years ago w/ my beloved 1979 Saab 99GL (the first of my 6 Swedish cars)- was going to set it up with a SuperTrapp exhaust and Hakkas- then the transmission's pinion bearing seized...

(edit: Saabs of that era still count as Swedish metal, right?)

G

·
Couple pics of the new salt based paint job on the 04...and one nice shot of the supermoon tonight in the background...i need a real camera to get shots like that...something with a wide lens that can zoom the moon

If you can,spot the hidden revolv aticker in that first pic, kudos to you for being emmetropic :)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·

So ICY Boiz

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
So the construction site next door made the snow we were getting (not much) a nice shade of tan with the wind. F!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
nice^^ , i got mudflaps for my wagon to install next time im home

my S80 about a month ago

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
So the construction site next door made the snow we were getting (not much) a nice shade of tan with the wind. F!

Tsk, tsk, Ian! I see several other parking spots away from everyone else that you could have used to avoid door dings. Your "enthusiast" title is in jeopardy! :p

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
Tsk all you want, brother. I get here far ahead of and leave well after almost all others in the lot. That pickup has a driver and no passengers, so he never is an issue, though it pisses me off that he chooses to park right next to me almost daily.
Directly in front of the tree is normally where I am, but I worry with the right turns that someone will slide into me in the ice and snow so I move back in that condition. The stupid snow removal guys always jamb the snow into that part of the island, making it hard to take advantage of the end space without dings.
Tsk, tsk, Ian! I see several other parking spots away from everyone else that you could have used to avoid door dings. Your "enthusiast" title is in jeopardy! :p

241 - 260 of 409 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.