SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the suggestion of other members I've started a thread to archive photographs of our wagons in their natural element. Thread title graciously borrowed/Jacked from ProlixArgon.

GO!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I was about to do this haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kicking it off with some reposts from this year's paltry east coast winter offering...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
McShake how do you like the D5? I'm jealous

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I agree, ProlixArgon.

It makes me want an XC70 and I never wanted one before.

These are great pictures.

I bet we might see more after this weekend, too. :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whoa this is off to a REALLY strong start. Would be more than happy to see this as a global thread I just didn't know where to put it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's currently snowing pretty hard here in Central VA. I have about 5 inches as of right now, with an expected 2+ feet by the time all everything's over.

It's too cold and I'm too lazy to go out and snap a pic of sleeping beauty right now, so here's a couple from last season:

And finally, one taken last season when Prolix and I got bored and started meddling with wheels off his XJ

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Snow dust shield.

And a harbinger for trouble/fun that we will see later.

The snow in central VA is between 4 & 6 inches, but the wind is blowing and it's predicted of gusts up to 20 miles an hour. There is a foot and a half on this windshield "drift."

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
Pre-Christmas trip to Whistler - four adults + ski gear + big cooler + food stuffs + overnight bags - no problem!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
McShake how do you like the D5? I'm jealous

Loving it. I have the TF-80SC trans, so it takes the increased torque without issue. Feels extremelys strong, on acceleration it just pulls and pulls. I miss my 2.5T something fierce, the D5 doesn't have the same joy when downshifting, and it doesn't sound as GETOUTTHEWAYFUTTBUCKER, but it goes like hell. On stock ECU for now.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
My first snow run this year.

Unfortunately, it's been a bit weak for winter this year...

But I may get to make up for it by possibly driving up in this area in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
16,810 Posts
JUST got our 02 XC back from the dealer this morning. Maryland DC & VA are getting pounded right now. I'm itching to get out tomorrow and take pics to share. Having a back that got thrown out today before the first snowflake fell has me bummed out but the evening sleep will hopefully fix that. I will need to shovel quite a bit to get the wagon out but the s60 (despite awd) is staying put. Too deep...

1 - 20 of 396 Posts