SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

XC40Forum.com - The Largest Volvo XC40 Forum, Community And Owner's Club

Grecian, my unimpeachable source, reported that not just the first 5,000 XC40s, but all US XC40s, would come with hood flags. Yay! :)

Of the cars I've seen in the flesh, and in pictures, some (RD crystal white, Momo Amazon Blue, for sure) have hood flags. Yay! :) No black RDs I've seen have hood flags. Not yay. :(

The SPA-style passenger-seat cloth flag I have never seen on an XC40, in the flesh, in photos, or on Volvo's web renderings. But yesterday I saw this photo on this forum of a red leather XC40 Momentum interior at a US dealer with the passenger seat cloth flag. Yay! :) Maybe.

volvo red seat.jpg volvo red seat.jpg

Questions:

Can someone list which flags come with which XC40s?

I know the hood flag should be an easy, relatively cheap add. Will it be available?

The seat flag, I suspect, will not be retrofittable, but might as well ask. Will it be available?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
There will be no flags attached to the XC40s; these were only for the launch vehicles (company cars, press cars, etc).

The seat flag is standard, same as on all SPA-platform cars.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There will be no flags attached to the XC40s; these were only for the launch vehicles (company cars, press cars, etc).

I was going to say none of the dealer models I’ve seen have had the flag 😕

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Thanks for the prompt, informative reply, as usual.

Regarding the cloth flags, :)

Regarding the rubber flag, if Volvo offers it as an aftermarket accessory, I'm in. What would really look good on a black Ghent-built XC40 is a Belgian flag.

Volvo belgian flag.jpg

But custom hood flag orders could be a slippery slope.

Volvo flag 2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A Swede living in Las Vegas Nv
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
{•} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
{•} 2005 S60 Premier
{•} 1997 960
-Below are Volvos in the family-
{} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
{} 1997 850 R

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was going to say none of the dealer models I’ve seen have had the flag 😕
They are not supposed to. Only launch cars.
No flag mounted on the hood but an orange paper with 2019 First Edition printed on it was laying in the glove box. I inquired about it at the dealer parts window and was told the Swedish flag wouldn’t be available to order. I then found that my XC40 hadn’t been properly prepared for delivery as the Swedish flag & instructions for mounting were in a sealed bag with the roadside assistance sticker & other Volvo perks that the salesman was too lazy to go over with me where jammed on top of the owner’s manual slot.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just did a test drive last night on the XC 40 RD.
I have a Momentum with CBV that should be delivered mid-April.

I really liked the flag touch and wondered how simple it would be to add just in case mine doesn't come with it. Looks like peel and stick, easy peezy.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if Volvo doesn't offer it as a, probably $150, accessory, someone will be selling them on eBay for $15 a pop.

Considering my wife said it was her favorite thing about the XC40....someone better get those flags out there!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I really liked the flag touch and wondered how simple it would be to add just in case mine doesn't come with it. Looks like peel and stick, easy peezy.
Thanks for the pic (which I have deleted from my reply to avoid inconveniencing Joeyboy). rumyn is right. Since it's that simple, Volvo will miss a bet if it leaves this accessory to the aftermarket. I doubt the flags will be considered cool enough for kids to steal, unless Abba makes a comeback.

·
Registered
16,438 Posts
If someone finds them for sale, I'd love to consider one off the wing on my vR.
Thanks for the pic. rumyn is right. Since it's that simple, Volvo will miss a bet if it leaves it to the aftermarket. I don't suppose the flags will be considered cool enough for kids to steal, unless Abba makes a comeback.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Nice little fun touch, but we need something more practical like sunglassess holders for SPA and CMA cars!

·
Registered
16,438 Posts
I want the fun little touch. I have the sunglasses holder! They need to make us both happy. :)
Nice little fun touch, but we need something more practical like sunglassess holders for SPA and CMA cars!

·
Registered
16,438 Posts
Sure they’ll be on all US ones? I just read that the first 4000 receive only.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Sunglass holders are now available as an accessory for S90s, V90s and XC90s.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Sure they’ll be on all US ones? I just read that the first 4000 receive only.
No, there will not be any Swedish flags attached to the hoods of the XC40s.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts