SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George,
The project car looks nice! (And familiar) I was thinking that since the car is pretty much stock, 0-60 and 1/4 mile times before any mods are made would be a good way to see improvements. (Oh yeah, and to see that sweet ride in motion.) I MAY be able to pull some strings, belonging to a friend of mine that owns Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas, Virginia, to see if he would allow a 1/2 day on the drag strip to get some times documented. He may even allow us to take the car on the 3/8 mile banked oval NASCAR track for a few laps. Let me know what you think, it may be fun and educational. (If you haven't been there before, it is about 45 min from your place.) Since it is off-season, getting some track time may be possible without too much trouble. Good luck with the mods and I can't wait to see what is in store for the future.
Prospero

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
That's not a bad idea. I'll try to get some figures on it ASAP. I'll try to get something up soon.

Do you think Old Dominion would be open to a track day? I'm curious about their facility. Is it just an oval?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old Dominion is a NASCAR sanctioned 3/8-mile asphalt oval track with a NHRA sanctioned 1/8-mile drag strip. I know in the past there have been several Bugouts there. I am sure that the owner would be open to a Volvo event of sorts. I will be happy to contact him to discuss the possibility of bringing the project car to do some time trials as well as maybe a "Swedespeed" Volvo day at the track. Just give me the word, and I will contact the owner.
Prospero

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
George,

Your 850R looks great! That is one of the most "red" colors I have ever seen, it is almost blindingly red! I bet that you can spot your car in a crowded parking lot pretty easily huh? There is a guy in my neighborhood who has a red 96 850R with Volan wheels and it is very sweet looking. I am looking forward to seeing how the project unfolds.

-Drew

·
Registered
439 Posts
That car looks pretty cool. That suede interior, seems different. Wonder how hard it is to keep clean?

Any of you guys ever see pics of the Rs with the tan interior. The wood in thos is HORRIBLE.

How's the sport suspension on that car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts