SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come compared to AudiWorld and VW Vortex it seems that SwedeSpeed is dead? No one hardly posts on this thing....
It's kind of sad...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by bmwmclaren:
How come compared to AudiWorld and VW Vortex it seems that SwedeSpeed is dead? No one hardly posts on this thing....
It's kind of sad...
Are you nuts??? We are not dead! How about "we are more sane than the zoo that the other two are?"...

Actually, I am glad (in a sense) that things are not crazy here but I know it is only a matter of time. In the VW and AUdi forum, you have to be there every single hour of the day to find where your post is. Here, you can spend 10 to 15 minutes and you can review the day!

Yannis
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,997 Posts
Swedespeed is only 1.5 years old and VWvortex and Audiworld are both over 5 years old. They were the first major players in their respective brand markets whereas Swedespeed has some very admirable competition (Brickboard, Volvotuning.com, VVSpy etc.). Considering those two points, I think Swedespeed is growing just fine thank you.


BTW, we were running about 3 new members a day back in January around the Auto Shows, and then it slowed to about 1 a day. Lately, we're back at the January rates. I know about a month ago it was our listing in the IPD newsletter. This month though, I don't know. We must have gotten linked somewhere, but I'm not aware of anywhere new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
Do you know how many members there are on AW and VWV compared to SS? The ratio is huge, plus on top of that, they have nothing new to write about anyways. If people would use the search function more, they would find what they were looking for.

[This message has been edited by mike_c70 (edited 06-21-2002).]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
I found out about this forum through links on another forum for upgrades. I've been here two days with over fifty post already so I guess I am a post ***** right now. hahaha. Just reading everything, I'll mellow soon. I'm fairly meticulous about my Volvo to the point where my girlfriend thinks I love my car more than her but oh well. Seems like others here love their Vo's as well.
Love the site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Spearzy:
I found out about this forum through links on another forum for upgrades. I've been here two days with over fifty post already so I guess I am a post ***** right now. hahaha. Just reading everything, I'll mellow soon. I'm fairly meticulous about my Volvo to the point where my girlfriend thinks I love my car more than her but oh well. Seems like others here love their Vo's as well.
Love the site.
My girlfriend knows I love my car as much as her, she gets jealous sometimes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
My girlfriend knows I love my car as much as her, she gets jealous sometimes.
haha, your not alone!!! She's asked me what do I like more, the car or her. I danced around the answer like true politician

Just to humor her I'll say "you of course" and then start laughing as soon as she turns her head! Man that gets her mad!
Yep, a regular with the ladies
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Spearzy:
I'm pretty respectful. Keep it PG-13
Yeah, PG-13 is fine...


Yannis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

Yeah, PG-13 is fine...


Yannis

Man, that is funny!!

I've been asked the same question by my gf, cuz sometimes I'll get out, open her door, then look at my car for about 20 seconds... she'll be like, "ready??" I'm like, "yeah, just making sure she's clan" then I usually hear an "ugh..." or sometimes I'll get lucky and hear "you missed a spot" lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I truly believe that this board will explode if a 5spd S40 comes out in the US. That's the only thing that's keeping the performance folks from adopting the S40, and it's the tinkerers that really love to post.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by joeflies:
I truly believe that this board will explode if a 5spd S40 comes out in the US. That's the only thing that's keeping the performance folks from adopting the S40, and it's the tinkerers that really love to post.
ALthough I am a manual transmission afficionado, I seriously doubt that this would happen. In every forum I see NUMEROUS requests from people about manual transmission cars and I will tell you this; the interest generated PALES to that shown in the different Fora.

People like to talk about manual transmission cars but when the time comes to put up or shut up they...shut up! So, Volvo just follows the trends. The S40 is a car where they should have taken the risk but previous history did not do the manual transmission fans any favors.

Yannis
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,997 Posts
I think the S60R will be a good boost to the forums, as will the XC90. That'll bring the performance folks and some first time Volvo owners to the fold.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top