SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my 2005 Volvo s60r was rear ended. I just wanted to get a quote from you guys of how much I should be expecting. I'm going to bring it to a shop of my choice so they will cut me a check and I can get the parts from a fellow forum member.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The trunk won't close. The bumper is all scraped up. In the lower part of the bumper is destroyed

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Make sure you have a look at the rear body panel for damages. Just to be safe. Doesn't look too bad in the pics, but its hard to tell until you have the bumper cover off to be able to see the re-bar and whats going on behind it. Good luck, hopefully you can get it fixed and make some $$ off of the insurance check!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The paint cracked (barely visible) on my lower valence from getting tapped at a light. No dent, scratch, nothing. I got a check for $1200 from insurance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
literally happens to me on New Year's Eve. The shop quoted me $4800 as the body has to be pulled.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice.. I'm planning to get my car clean with this money and get a new engine lol

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just want the car to look mint how it's supposed to be and run how it supposed to run

·
Registered
326 Posts
Call your dealer ask what two or three body shops they recommend, take your car to each and request a quote to fix it the way your want it. Asking a professional, that does this all the time, is the best resource.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay geico insurance adjuster dished me a check $2800. Im going to get new front bumper, rear bumper for $600. And since I may have a cracked block im getting the engine off the same guy 73k miles for $1000. Price to paint bumpers and fix trunk $450.
So I'm left with $750

1 - 12 of 12 Posts