SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: sway bar end link issue (Danhaggis)

Yes, you can still drive the car but you will see more body roll.
The body roll will be more than you are use to so don't drive hard into a corner.
The real question is how did you end up in this situation?
Was it not installed properly and the nut came off or did it rust apart?

You should fix it or replace both endlinks as soon as you can.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

I lost an endlink a few weeks ago on a gnarly back road. It made a pretty loud "Sproing".
When I got it in the air to install the new ones, I discovered a hellacious tear in my inner CV boot.
I lost it at the upper joint and I'm not sure if it was the floppin' link that got it,
( I was putting the suspension under extreme "end of travel" duress on that trip)
but I'd say Fix It ASAP... http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Danhaggis »
where the sway bar meets the end link they are no longer connected is it safe to drive the car?

It's "safe",
but I wouldn't drive it for too long this and it will make a racket

I remember when Greg (gdoog) came up to buy now his T5 from me. His (at the time) 99R had a broken link.
When I drove it, what a racket it made at every little bump in the road!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Re: sway bar end link issue (JRL)

I agree with JRL. I drove my '98 V70R with worn out end links and an old sway bar. What an awful ride.
100% better with IPD sway bars and new end links. But I never felt unsafe, although it did sound/feel like something was going to fall off going over bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.