SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there Swedespeed! I've been here for a while now and figured it was worthwhile to put together a build thread of my beloved XC

So the car is a 2002 Volvo v70xc awd. My parents originally purchased this car in 2004 with 30,000 miles on it and it is at 223,000 miles at the time of writing this. It has been under my care for the past 5 years and it has a complete and meticulous service history from day 1. The car is equipped with almost every option available from the factory (minus Nav and GSM telephone) including the great Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound.

Mods:
- 17in Canopus Wheels
- T5 Railless roof trims
- V70R Wing
- Full V70R Gobi Interior
- S80 Executive Watch Dial Gauges
- V70R Leather Cluster Cover
- V70R Leather Door Handles
- BC Racing Coilovers
- Full 05+ Center console update
- Blaupunkt Double Din
- Snaab Turbo Pipe
- IPD subframe inserts (If you can call that a mod)
- Accessory picnic table
- Cargo-area retractable sunshades
- Euro-look S60 mirrors

Pre-purchased mods awaiting installation:
- M66 Transmission
- TTV Single-Mass Flywheel
- 19T
- Second hood for some custom stuff
- 2007 switchblade key
- 05+ Taillights
- Chrome air vents

Mods To Do
- Purchase M66 R Parts Car (want this to double as a winter beater til conversion)
- 2.3 HPT to Build to handle reliable power
- Create Custom Grill
- 07 Fenders
- Rubber Pieces between Fenders and Roof/Windshield Trim
- Set Suspension Height.
- 05+Wipers
- Windshield Weatherstripping
- Brembos (From Parts Car)
- Bigger wheels to fit brakes
- Railless Roof Racks
- Sunroof Re-alignment/Re-Install Drip tray
- 05+ Volvo Badge Tailgate
- Exhaust
- R-Steering Wheel
- Aluminum Cup Holder Tambour Door
- Suede Headliner
- Fixed Back Racing Seats
- Racing Harnesses
- Reinstall Original B984 Chocolate Interior

Now I may be missing a few things, and I'm sure next time I see the car, it will have some new issues from sitting. Currently, it stays in the garage at my parent's house collecting about 200 miles a year. I am planning on bringing it to Iowa where I am currently living and working on it/fiddling with it as time goes on. Since I'm still in school, I plan on waiting till after I graduate to complete the M66 swap. Anyway, I'll post some pics of the old girl and her slight progression over the years (Still working on remembering how to host photos. I'm still used to tapatalk). Some of them are a bit old so please forgive me, I'll be heading back home in a week and will try to get some more recent pics then.

When I'm home I'll page through my records in order to share more about this car's history if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welp. It looks like the site is being screwy. It's currently showing in the vBulletin mode and I can't get to the photo linking feature in the posting section.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,823 Posts
Looks fantastic, man. Didn’t see it in my skim over the list but you should get the 05 facelift tail lights (jewel). The tellus are also period correct but with extra power and less sidewall + m66, this could be a looker with some 18s off a newer XC90. Didn’t think I’d like the Canopus but those look sharp on the white!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looks fantastic, man. Didn’t see it in my skim over the list but you should get the 05 facelift tail lights (jewel). The tellus are also period correct but with extra power and less sidewall + m66, this could be a looker with some 18s off a newer XC90. Didn’t think I’d like the Canopus but those look sharp on the white!
Already purchased the 05 tails! Yeah, the Tellus' have not been on the car for over 5 years at this point and I am planning on a set of 18s, maybe 19s. Need something to clear R Brembos.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IA to GA is gonna add more than 200 miles a year...
I plan on driving it back to Iowa sometime in the spring. Not good to let this thing sit! It needs to be driven!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Daddy needs a new pair of shoes...

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uh... WOW! Specs?
18x9.5 +35. I referred with Adam.Nonis before buying them. They should fit, but might be a tad tight lol.

Also there’s a guy with the same plate as you at my university in Iowa. He has it on a really nice 5.9 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
16,823 Posts
Really. Can you take a pic for me?
18x9.5 +35. I referred with Adam.Nonis before buying them. They should fit, but might be a tad tight lol.

Also there’s a guy with the same plate as you at my university in Iowa. He has it on a really nice 5.9 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really. Can you take a pic for me?
Sure! I’m headed back in a couple weeks and will snap one next time I see it.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So I did go home a couple of weeks ago. She’s looking good, but sadly mice got into the engine bay and consumed the entire hood pad! I think they may have chewed through some of the vacuum lines going to the brake booster since the brakes hardly work anymore. She runs fine but it’s kinda disheartening taking all the stops to properly store your car and for damage to still happen. Oh well. That’s life I guess

Sadly, I couldn’t work on it since I was only in town for 48 hours. Despite that, there should be some good news coming in the next day or so that’ll be able to fix all those problems and more...

·
Registered
16,823 Posts
Mmm. Seems like a coy post - what could be going on?
Suddenly getting a hankering for a miata and like that one. What year?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Mmm. Seems like a coy post - what could be going on?
Suddenly getting a hankering for a miata and like that one. What year?
Kinda a coy lol.

It’s a supercharged 99, my dad’s weekend toy. He’s dailies a 05 XJR and my mom's got a 10 cosmic/java c30 r design.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts