SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hooked up my IPD tcv and still in the middle of re-learning.. i guess...

Question to all who have installed ipd:s tcv on the p1, how did the boost levels act during the re-learning process?? peaking or low boost or both??

I have done the learning procedure now few times and disconnected my battery for two hours.. Still not getting the boost i would like.
In the lower rpms it is almous normal, boost building quicker and lower rpm then with the oem tcv but with WOT boost builds up about 5-6psi and not even a bit over in any gear.

However.. I noticed in the relearning procedure that if i kept it on the half throttle, few times it boosted almoust 18psi then dropped back to 5psi... guess im going to drive few days to let it settle and see what it does..

Before the install i was hitting 17-18psi max boost...
-05 V50 T5 M66 AWD

·
Registered
574 Posts
It has been reported boost spike from the ipd unit. I bought one for my V50. Never gotten round to installing it. Tried it on my 850 R though, at first i was happy - then i was sad. Spiked like crazy, making it almost undriveable. Put the stock back on and all is good. Will have a new stock tcv installed on my v50 next week. Hope to cure some intermittent power loss.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would think that after 8 years as a car Mechanic in a Ford Dealer Service and Bosch Car Service, this tcv install should be a peace of cake.. Well, still i managed to get the wastegate and compressor side hoses in wrong connections...:facepalm: :screwy: Switched places and it´s now working absolutely Perfect!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts