SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 XC70 Ocean Race has 95K on it. It's in relatively excellent shape. Interior and exterior- excellent. Motor is performing well, uses some oil. All systems seem fine. NOW...the car is not as 'tight' as it once was...rattily and harsh ride. Not bouncy...harsh on bumps. FCP offers a suspension 'kit' for $900 for the front and odds/ ends for the rear. This could take me to $2000 for parts, not to mention labor (I just don't have the tools and strength to do this all myself). Talk me into it...or out of spending ALL that cash. Should I just do the 'basics'...struts and mounts? Or go full hog and do all the bushings, etc. ? Just wanted to hear some thoughts, as my wife would certainly have me go for the least expensive route....

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That one? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-suspension-kit-front-rear-xc70-sachs-vfskf-xcfullfrearly

It's pretty good. Make sure your car has a regular shocks in rear, not Nivomats (self-leveling). I would also add a new coil springs to the bucket, all four.

Subframe bushings are probably still fine. I did the front bushings not so long ago, and they were OKish. Rear subframe bushings are still in place, besides those 4 that hold rear toe arms. The car has 253k miles...

Some people complain that Lemforder parts with 2 at the end are not manufactured in Europe and have a lower durability. Didn't check it myself though.

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
Control arm bushings. Struts all around with springs. Proper alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts