SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<B>Suspension Upgrade for 855</B><br>My 1996 model #855 is still totally stock, and I'd like to upgrade. I don't plan on any X-treme driving- just want better control and ride.<br>Koni adjustables have been recommended, but I was wondering about maybe adding swaybars?<br>Would it be a good idea to install them at the same time as the shocks?<p>The car has 77,000 miles, the original tires (with 4+/32) were replaced at 48,000 miles. The "new" tires (Michelin Pilots) currently have 7/32 on them, and the shocks and struts are the ones that came on the car.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by 855Sportwagon at 11:26 AM 5-31-2006</i>

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Yes, even more than the new struts, the swaybars (IPD) will make the difference. If you're going to have it out anyway go ahead and upgrade the swaybar. You'll want to buy IPD's Heavy Duty endlinks as well. Also, depending on miles, when you change your struts/shocks, you'll want to also change out strut and shock mounts and front spring seats. Your car will feel brand new + some.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: Suspension Upgrade for 855 (855Sportwagon)

Like the other post, IPD sway bars. Get some sway bar links from them too. If you don't need them now, you will once the bars go on.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
bah save your money on bars for now. Seems like iPd has had nothing but trouble with their production runs lately.<p>I say:<p>Fresh a-arms (this will be new ball joints and bushings included) or Delrin bushed' a-arms (price is almost the same), QBM sway bar end links and koni's with H&R's or a Weitec Cup Kit would be my choice. You'll be surprized how well that setup can handle and wont have the monetary investment or time of dropping the subframe for install that swaybars will require<p>btw: QBM = <A HREF="http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com</A>

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: (doug242ti)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>doug242ti</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seems like iPd has had nothing but trouble with their production runs lately.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>lately? they've always had problems, ever since 1996

·
Registered
271 Posts
Re: Suspension Upgrade for 855 (855Sportwagon)

My '96 855T has a 140k miles on her...<p>Last summer I replaced both A arms, inner and outer tie rods, and end links...<p>This past month, I replaced the shocks and shock mounts, Struts, strut mounts, spring seats, bump stops, boots, NEW end links and all the other strut hardware.<p>I went with Koni's and the stock springs. Nice ride. Very "tight" and it feels better the faster you go! I have both the struts and shocks set "Soft" <p>At the end of June I'm getting a set of IPD sway (waiting for their sale) I had a set on my '93 and they were the shiznit! <p>It would be nice to install all the new parts at the same time, but it is certainly NOT nessesary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts