SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I purchased a used 2011 Volvo S60 T6 AWD with Polestar from Keystone Volvo in January. Black Sapphire with Beechwood Interior...sport appearance package and Freja rims and 4C! Absolutely in love with this car. However, since purchase I have noticed a creaking noise in the front end while turning. I have had the car in for repairs roughly 2/3 times a month since January. Each time the dealer (Ramsey Volvo in Ramsey, NJ) tries fixing it/replacing parts etc. but cannot fix the problem. They have blamed it on brake pads, rotors, strut mounts etc.

Basically the noise is when going slow and making a turn like into a parking spot there is a creaking noise coming from the front end as I turn the wheel. I can even sit at a stop and just turn the wheel from left to right and hear a creaking noise as the wheel turns. In addition at higher speeds such as an off ramp or an on ramp as i turn the wheel through the turn a loud clunk occurs (just one clunk) and thats it.

It is an extremely frustrating noise :mad: . I love my car and have had it in for service and always receive above average customer service from the service team at Ramsey Volvo. I have called Volvo Customer Care several times and now they are starting talks about what options I may have in terms of moving to a new S60 or another vehicle. I am really disappointed because I love my car it has all the bells and whistles and is built exactly the way I want it.

I have read several posts of peoples issues with their S60s and noises in suspension and wanted to post mine for any possible feedback on what it could be? The dealer has said that the entire front end is tight and nothing is mechanically failing on the car.

Anyone experiencing similar noises or have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hey everyone! I purchased a used 2011 Volvo S60 T6 AWD with Polestar from Keystone Volvo in January. Black Sapphire with Beechwood Interior...sport appearance package and Freja rims and 4C! Absolutely in love with this car. However, since purchase I have noticed a creaking noise in the front end while turning. I have had the car in for repairs roughly 2/3 times a month since January. Each time the dealer (Ramsey Volvo in Ramsey, NJ) tries fixing it/replacing parts etc. but cannot fix the problem. They have blamed it on brake pads, rotors, strut mounts etc.

Basically the noise is when going slow and making a turn like into a parking spot there is a creaking noise coming from the front end as I turn the wheel. I can even sit at a stop and just turn the wheel from left to right and hear a creaking noise as the wheel turns. In addition at higher speeds such as an off ramp or an on ramp as i turn the wheel through the turn a loud clunk occurs (just one clunk) and thats it.

It is an extremely frustrating noise :mad: . I love my car and have had it in for service and always receive above average customer service from the service team at Ramsey Volvo. I have called Volvo Customer Care several times and now they are starting talks about what options I may have in terms of moving to a new S60 or another vehicle. I am really disappointed because I love my car it has all the bells and whistles and is built exactly the way I want it.

I have read several posts of peoples issues with their S60s and noises in suspension and wanted to post mine for any possible feedback on what it could be? The dealer has said that the entire front end is tight and nothing is mechanically failing on the car.

Anyone experiencing similar noises or have any ideas?
Perhaps there's something with the rack or pinion? Are they sure it's something on the suspension?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are unsure of what the noise can be. I am leaning towards control arm? But according to Volvo everything is tight so I don't know

·
Registered
301 Posts
hi-there are a few threads about the same issue. one dealer told another member here all 4c cars rattle.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I did read a lot of the threads about the 4c issues. My noise isn't so much a rattle but a creaking and a clunking when turning the wheel at very low speeds. I don't even have to be moving!

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is going to sound odd, but it's worked for me a couple of times for exactly the same symptoms. See what the dealer thinks about this idea: Drop the front anti-roll (sway) bar, disassemble the ends or links and generously lubricate the bushings with the appropriate waterproof grease. (A quick spray of silicone lube on the outside of the assembly will not work!) The problem may be that the bushings are dry, causing them to squeak under almost any load. If the bar binds in dry bushings, it can thump or clunk when it releases.

There also could be a wear issue on one or more parts of the roll bar "system," but it would be unusual on a 2-year-old car.

·
Registered
633 Posts
your dealership is full of incompetent morons it is just the front sub-frame rear bushings rubbing making a groan/squeak noise when u are turning and accelerating. there is even a bulletin on this. techs are morons like me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts