SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after my S60 had travelled 105K kms the suspension was shot.

I decided to do the whole front end so KW V2's, Meyle HD control arms (FCP Groton), Lemforder ball joints (FCP Groton), new top mount bearings and spring mounts

A thing to note if your looking at KW coilovers is that the website lists the s60 T5 on the website as having an adjustable height rear end and this just isn't correct. :facepalm: I spoke to KW and they were kind enough to throw in an extra set of springs for the rear so I could have 2 heights. This was meant to be a 15mm drop and 30mm drop. The 15mm spring drop is actually about 10mm higher than stock.

The front end drop is adjustable from +10mm to -35mm (As im doing alot of towing at the moment I configured the suspension for maximum height.)

The KW lower spring perch is a bunch of junk (plastic) but its made to minimise NVH in the front suspension. The lower spring perch comes with a tag sating only tighten the grub screw to 1-2Nm. I tightened it to 1Nm with my bike torque wrench (which was calibrated the week before and it stripped the thread from the plastic.) So ONLY torque it by hand so stop it from turning the the spring perch.

The suspension has broken in over the past 800kms and most the harshness is gone. (Currently the front is set for 9 clicks anti-clockwise and the rear is set at 10clicks)

I have to say the car is really tight in handling. definitely improved acceleration (far less wheel hop in rutted roads and car just turns in (currently I have only stock sway bars but using Yokohama v103 tyres)

I can definitely recommend the Meyle HD control arms and Lemforder ball joints. I would go with a quality wheel alignment place or at least provide them with the specs you need just because it took 3 tries to get something which was actually correct.

·
3,899 Posts
Thank you for the review, even though I'm a little late. I just ordered the same setup for my car.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If I were you I would have gone OEM for the LCA's. A friend of mine had these and were junk in less than 20k miles. And I've heard many other awful stories from numerous owners on here that don't recommend them and say they are junk. I know the OEMs are more, but it's not worth having to do the same job twice. I hope you have a better experience!

·
3,899 Posts
Hmmm, just read the reviews... will be returning them asap. I just figured they were good but I guess oem it is! TASCA FTW!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts