SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided to start ordering the parts I need to replace all 4 struts( thanks Fitzy)

So in my order list is:

springs

strut bearings?

spring seats

While I've got everything apart, I'll replace the endlinks as well. I just did my control arms this spring(Sorry Fitzy) so they should be completely fine.

How about the rear ones? I seem to recall someone mentioning injecting some form of sealant into worn rear bushings?

And finally, the iPD camber bushings, worth it with TMEs?

After all this, I suppose I'll have to take up autocross.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My car needed the camber bushings in the rear after installing TME's. Seems to vary by car. Install your new suspension let it settle then get it aligned and see if you need the camber bushings or not.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Torn on mine was both spring seat bushings, one completely through.
Currently, I need the camber kit, alignment last Friday guy said no rear camber anymore.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Go to your local NAPA and convince the store manager to do a price adjustment to beat Rock Auto. My local napa is selling the front struts for over 30$ less than rock auto :)

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I would seriously consider replacing or at least inspecting all of your rear end bushings as well. This is an area many people overlook. Viva has everything you need for direct replacement but you could also go the DIY motor mount method using Window Weld or any hardness Urethane which you can purchase from McMaster. All that is required is to get a good fill into the gaps of the existing bushing and it will firm everything up. Using painters tape to mask off the area will help keep everything tidy and not look like a JDM hack job.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I would seriously consider replacing or at least inspecting all of your rear end bushings as well. This is an area many people overlook. Viva has everything you need for direct replacement but you could also go the DIY motor mount method using Window Weld or any hardness Urethane which you can purchase from McMaster. All that is required is to get a good fill into the gaps of the existing bushing and it will firm everything up. Using painters tape to mask off the area will help keep everything tidy and not look like a JDM hack job.
I'm very interested in this actually would any window weld do from mcmaster?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
You can find windo weld at Autozone. I stress that you need to let the stuff cure and you need to do a thorough job.

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Springs just showed up, so I ordered the struts....my god this is going to be an expensive ordeal lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts