SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been having some noise coming from my front suspension/area of my car.... 2002 2.4T w/ 17" Amethia. In the morning, when its cold, I can hear a faint bumping/rattling noise as I drive to work. Sounds like it is coming more from the passenger side. This is barely noticeable and it happens on regular road surfaces. It also seems to go away after the suspension has "warmed up"... if that makes sense (i.e., it doesn't happen after about 20 mins of driving or coming home from work).

I have also noticed a slight clicking/cracking sound when I turn into a parking spot.

Has anyone experienced this? What could this be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Suspension Problems (goldswede)

I have the same vehicle, I don't have your first problem, but did experience the second for a while. It turns out that my 2.4T originally came with 16' wheels and thus a steering stop for that size, when I got the 17s, a new steering stop needed to be put in to accomodate, so when you hard turned, I did get a clicking. New stop, no problem since.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Suspension Problems (goldswede)

Goldswede,

Let your dealer check the stabilizer rods.
The sound starts on a near flat surface because the rods have play in this situation.
It will get worse overtime.
It doesn't do any harm but the plastic bushings in the rod are worn.
It is a known problem and Volvo replaces them a lot.
There are 2 in the front and 2 in the rear and they will start making noise also.
My car had 6 new rods in the last 2 years, I think most Volvo's have them replaced in the before the second year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts