SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe the money you folks spend on aftermarket suspensions. I just bought a set of bilstein TCs for 146$.. That's right a set now, and I will be happy as a pig in s**t to have that upgrade on the rears. Now I know you say I can go faster in curves .blah blah.. I tell you what come on over to Birmingham,al. And let's see you keep up with an old man with the stock s60 I have on some of the roads I know.. You'll be calling the customer reps of those hi dollar shox you bought..begging for a refund.. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.. When you get my age..you find less is more, :mad::mad::mad:
and maybe its a lack of skill that keeps you from going around those curves as fast as you wish you could..

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
The General Volvo discussions area is the least posted-in area of SwedeSpeed, so don't expect too many comments. ;)

Challenge accepted! But if you're willing to come to real curvy roads and hit 90mph on the Tail of the Dragon, then we'll talk. :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh
My friend I so wanted to come for the last run.. I have been bitten by the dragon on my 1981 cb900 f super sport because of idiots in my lane.. I prefer the less known and traveled smith camp creek road ,which is in the top ten roads in the country..to many fools on the dragon..

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
to many fools on the dragon..
That's why we hit the dragon at midnight. No cars, no cops, and surprisingly no animals.

But I agree, the lesser known roads are much better. Though, the dragon is probably the best taken care of. I've never seen a pothole last more than 3 days out there. They are always on it, plus it's nice that every turn is positively banked.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At midnight? Really? Dang man I'm 58 years old ..I can barely see past the end of the hood at night..lol
Besides that's waaay past my bedtime.. You must live close to there?

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
At midnight? Really? Dang man I'm 58 years old ..I can barely see past the end of the hood at night..lol
Besides that's waaay past my bedtime.. You must live close to there?
A good number of the guys in our group are late 40s to early 60s. You'll fit right in! I'm 24, but it's always exciting to see what different generations do to modify their cars.
There's a couple of us with some pretty crazy light setups for tackling the mountain roads at night. I'm hoping to complete new LED light bar setup for next year's run.

The midnight runs are only for the long weekend trips that we take. We'll generally rent out a few cabins at Fontana (one year we had almost 70 Volvos), so we're right there at the dragon.
But I live about 2.5 hours from the dragon, so it's not too far to drive up for a day with some friends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts