SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the R since new. Awesome Forum, I have adopted many of the great suggestions. I have just had to replace a lower control arm suspension bush. I would like to check and upgrade other steering/suspension/engine mount bushings. To do them all is probably going to be overkill? Anybody have suggested ones for improvement or bushes which are often needed at 110,000km/70,000 miles? I have had the upper engine mount replaced.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: Suspension bushing replacement (LOTR)

Lower transmission mount bushings are most likely shot. IPD sells a whole unit with poly bushings.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Suspension bushing replacement (PhilUp)

Is the poly bushing lower tranny mount that much better than the "stock" one they also sell?

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Re: Suspension bushing replacement (T5 for Life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>T5 for Life</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the poly bushing lower tranny mount that much better than the "stock" one they also sell?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>not better .... only harder, more ridged and stiffer .... <br>to most owners it would transfer too much vibrations so Volvo choosed a softer more fragile rubber bushing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts