SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its clearly not a punishment at all. Thats fine with me too, but to call it a *fair penalty* is rubbish. Just say "the FIA have decided to not sanction McLaren", because they havent. Its that whole, silly, "words that work" BS. Romper room, thats what the prof world has become. Anyway, glad that over, and glad we're headed back to Europe now. These Asian races are stupid, imo, and an aggrevated waste of $$$.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Re: Suspended 3 race ban for McLaren (JoeLvo)

Suspended 3 Race Ban = LAME

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Suspended 3 race ban for McLaren (thesternowl)

Yeah, Lame is how I would put it too. McLaren played the FIA like a fiddle. I love the "we're gonna lose sponsors if you penalize us for violating the rules". But, anyway, I dont think it was a huge deal (the lying), other than the total lack of principle and dignity at McLaren (why I will never be a fan of theirs). It wasnt a huge lie, and I dont think they should have been fined $$, and I dont think they should have been booted from the championships. <p>Of course, McLaren/Lewis fanbois will think this is too much, or just right, and that somehow Ferrari were behind this thing, anyway, through the race-stewards actions.<p>I'm glad the FIA didn't go medievil on McLaren though, because Im *so* sick of hearing how every underhanded, cheating thing Macca does is really only the FIArrari playing favorites. But they could have just taken the points Macca received in the 4 races so far, and then let them continue unhindered. That would have been a decent penalty. They only have some 13 pts, so it is a surmountable amount for Macca, but this isn't even a slap on the wrist. This is a non-penalty, that is merely <i>named</i> a penalty. Saying it is so, does not make it so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts