SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

So I picked up my custom-ordered XC60 from San Diego Volvo today: 3.2, Platinum + Tech + Climate + BLIS + PCC. I've enjoyed it so far but am having a few issues and was wondering if anyone else has seen them.

First of all, when I go to My Car > Support Systems, Collision Warning, Lane Depart. Warning, and Driver Alert all say "Unavailable." Does that mean they aren't operating?

Also, when I enable the folding/tilting mirrors, they don't actually fold or tilt when I place the car in reverse or lock the car upon exiting.

I'm probably going to have to take it in for service tomorrow but thought I'd at least ask the forum first.

Thanks for your time!
Heath

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had the unavailable messages, too, as well as a lane departure warning unavailable <40 mph message. My car spent a week in the shop a month after I got it and they replaced the computer and then udpated sensus. It was in the shop again overnight last week when I got service collision and driver safety system warnings (again). They didn't find anything wrong and Volvo told them to simply recalibrate. Would love to know what is going on.

Did you look in the my car settings re: the folding mirrors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh! No way... I hate to hear what you've had to go through and hope it's not the case with mine. :-(

I verified all three boxes are checked under Side mirror settings but nothing happens. I called the dealership last night and they've asked me to bring it in this morning. The salesman mentioned something about the fuses but we'll see. :-/ I'll update with the results.

Thanks,
Heath

·
Registered
597 Posts
Do they fold when you press both the L and R buttons at the same time? I would try to do a Reset of MyCar settings. It has been shown to fix some software issues such as the lack of an alarm beep on the second button press.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I feel like an idiot. The Support Systems don't become active until you reach 40mph or more. I found this out while driving to the dealership this morning. If anyone had told me to RTFM, I wouldn't have taken offense. ;)

So I'm not sure what the salesman did but he was able to also fix the mirror tilt/folding. He said it might have had something to do with my key memory. He messed around with the key memory settings, walked away from and back to the car a few times and it worked. :confused: Also, I didn't know about pressing both a buttons to make them fold in. That does work.

I really feel stupid but this car is SLIGHTLY more technologically advanced than my old Camry Hybrid! haha!

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it!

Heath

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, I feel like an idiot. The Support Systems don't become active until you reach 40mph or more. I found this out while driving to the dealership this morning. If anyone had told me to RTFM, I wouldn't have taken offense. ;)

So I'm not sure what the salesman did but he was able to also fix the mirror tilt/folding. He said it might have had something to do with my key memory. He messed around with the key memory settings, walked away from and back to the car a few times and it worked. :confused: Also, I didn't know about pressing both a buttons to make them fold in. That does work.

I really feel stupid but this car is SLIGHTLY more technologically advanced than my old Camry Hybrid! haha!

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it!

Heath
^Like!

·
Registered
8 Posts
SENSUS Updates

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but I didn't want to start a whole new one and this seemed to kinda fit here. Has anyone had issues with Volvo service saying that they can't run software updates unless you are in for one of the scheduled services? At the rate I put miles on my XC its going to be almost another year from now when I hit the required mileage for a service and I really don't think I should have to wait that long.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I see no reason for why they shouold not be able to do it, it can definetlty be done by my mechanic whenever I want to pay for it :)

/Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Strange variation of this problem...

Sorry to bring this old thread back; but I am having a similar problem on my 2014 XC60.

When I first start the car, all systems appear to be normal, and I get the graphic of the vehicle in the dash with the lane (showing that collision detection is working). Lane departure also beeps.

However, after some time at highway speeds (80 km/hr+) for no reason only BLIS remains functional. All other systems turn off automatically - by turn off I mean the status is "unavailable" in the My XC60 view, and my dash center dial no longer shows the car graphic. The switching on the center console for these features remain on, and if I turn them off from the center stack, I get the popup on the center dial that the system is turned off, and when I tap the button again, it shows that it is turned on but that's it. No graphic on the screen or beeps from the lane departure system.

No matter what I do, while driving, the systems don't come on. As soon as I stop the car, turn it off and on, the systems are back to normal.

Has anyone faced this issue before?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts