SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, quick disclaimer, I'm not using Apple Carplay, at least, not intentionally. I have an iPod nano tucked in the console and it's been there since 2016 when I got my car.

A few weeks ago my car was at the dealer getting the display replaced and in addition, they completely wiped and reinstalled Sensus 2. It kept my applications though, but the center stack (including the AC) has hard crashed at least 3 times per week since I got the car back. So, I finally took the time to perform the factory reset which almost always fixes Sensus when things get misaligned.

After the reset, the car sees the iPod as an Apple Carplay device. It says my phone is already connected (through bluetooth, with all options ticked) and if I want to connect the iPod, I have to choose to connect it through Apple Carplay. I hit ok, the ipod plays, and it's fine. But every single time I get in the car now, it goes through this whole song and dance. It's super annoying but it says I can change the settings in Carplay somehow...just doesn't explain it.

Anyone run into this in a newer model or with the latest Sensus running?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
If you don’t want it to car play you can plug it into the other USB port. CarPlay only works with the port with the white border.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
As for issues. I had my phone brick once on my XC90 but otherwise I avoid plugging it into that port because I don’t like CarPlay except when I’m on a road trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts