SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For awhile now, when I close or open the sunroof it starts to make a stuttering noise. I took it into Volvo when it first became an issue but it has returned. Their solution was a different type of grease/lube for it. Going to take it back again when a part on order comes in for an unrelated issue.

Anyone else experience this or know the issue? I’ll try to take a video after work tonight.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine seems to slide back then stop before the end and I have to press the button again to slide it the rest of the way back. No idea if that is right or a fault.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mine seems to slide back then stop before the end and I have to press the button again to slide it the rest of the way back. No idea if that is right or a fault.
That is how it is supposed to work, opens to comfort position, then continues to fully open if you hold button.
The comfort position is a position which helps keep wind and resonance sounds to a comfortably low level.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks joebxr.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My sunroof was doing the same thing, but like you the dealer said they greased it. While it has been fine, I've only open/closed it a couple of times since I brought it in. There were some posts in a thread on here where people had to have the glass replaced due to a warped rubber seal on it because it is all one piece.

Out of curiosity which dealer do you use?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My sunroof was doing the same thing, but like you the dealer said they greased it. While it has been fine, I've only open/closed it a couple of times since I brought it in. There were some posts in a thread on here where people had to have the glass replaced due to a warped rubber seal on it because it is all one piece.

Out of curiosity which dealer do you use?
Purchased from Herb Chambers but service at Boston Volvo. I’ll ask about the glass! Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts