SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

My sunroof shade used to be stuck all the way open.

Today after about an hour of playing with picks and thin wire I got the shade halfway shut so I was able to remove the two guides that are held in by a small phillips head tool. I got in there with a 90degree screwdriver and it sucked but eventually I got both sides off. (one was mangled and wedged up high causing it not to shut.

Picture of mangled guide:

Now the problem is with these removed (free floating in front) I'm still not able to shut it all the way. It feels like there is something off track in the rear of the shade that I can not see.

Does anyone know if there are 2 more similar guides in the back of the sunshade towards the back of the car? If so how can I get to them to fix this?

I really don't want to take down the headliner but if I have to does anyone have any tips? I don't want to leave any evidence that I removed it, I like to fix things and not make them worse haha.

Here are pictures of where I can shut it up to. Of course I could FORCE It shut but it glides semi smoothly until this point:

Here are some side pictures of after I FORCED it pretty close to shut but still a small gap in front:

Drivers Side

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
yes there's 2 more. Force it shut.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
yup. slide the glass all the way back and the shade all the way forward and access/replace the clips from above the car/standing on the sill.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup. slide the glass all the way back and the shade all the way forward and access/replace the clips from above the car/standing on the sill.
When I put the glass all the way back will it pull the shade into the roof of the car so then I can't access it?

By the way, thanks for helping me out :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just forced it to the point where it shuts but it's still being held back by the glass when I put the glass back. I'm pulling really hard and I can tell the clip is getting caught in the glass track or something. It feels like I'll break the shade or get a piece caught in the glass's track if I pull any harder :/

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Damnit! Brain-fart on my part. Vent the glass up and remove from car (4 t25 screws-brass colored behind privacy shade/accordion) then you can force closed and fix/replace spring clips. Again, my apologies!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I still haven't removed the back two guides but I plan to sometime this week. Waiting for a day I KNOW it won't rain when I'm halfway done.

Anyways, I'm trying to order the four guide/spring that holds the shade in place so it can glide smoothly. Below is what I need which I'm pretty sure is one part (Metal is all one piece here).

But tascaparts diagram has 23 and 24 that both look convincing, but they both look like my part but separate pieces somehow?

Anyways, just need part #(s) to get what I need to fix this thing. I like having it open when it's night time. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yup, those are the spring guides that get mangled. That diagram blows.....if I were to guess, I'd say #24?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Part# 9483170 - Sunshade guide

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Is there a way to make the sun shade not glide so easily? It's annoying that mine opens and closes on its own.
I would wager that somebody removed your guides when they broke and never put new ones back. You should have 4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts