SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a rattle that seemed to come from the sunroof...
I reported this problem one year ago, but only now I managed to convince the dealership that the noise was real and annoying as hell.
I had my car for 2 day at the dealership during which they said that they had to remove the sunroof and grease a few parts.
Clearly, that's not the only thing that they did, because of this...

This happened the first time I opened the roof after getting the car back from the dealership.
Clearly it touches somewhere on the inside. I can't understand how they didn't try it after fixing it. :(
I'll have to go back today. damn

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
So I had a rattle that seemed to come from the sunroof...
I reported this problem one year ago, but only now I managed to convince the dealership that the noise was real and annoying as hell.
I had my car for 2 day at the dealership during which they said that they had to remove the sunroof and grease a few parts.
Clearly, that's not the only thing that they did, because of this...

IMG DELETED

This happened the first time I opened the roof after getting the car back from the dealership.
Clearly it touches somewhere on the inside. I can't understand how they didn't try it after fixing it. :(
I'll have to go back today. damn
That looks organic (like little seeds). Could something have fallen in while you were operating it?

That totally sucks and I, too, can't believe they didn't try it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's glue, which I have been struggling to remove... I'll see what the dealership will tell me this time

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I'd be more concerned with the ripped gasket..

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be more concerned with the ripped gasket..
Yup you're right.

In any case, apparently from what I understood there was some adhesive that got stuck and they're going to have to replace it. They're also going to replace the rubber joint around the sunroof. Hopefully it won't leak afterwords :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.