SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 s40 t5 awd

and i have a rattle in my sunroof on the rear-left

if I close the sunblocker (not sure of the right name but i'm talking about the thing I close wheni don't wanna have sun coming from the sunroof), the sound nearly disappear but as soon as I opened the sunblocker, the rattle comes back.

looks like a loose nut or something like this

anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yes I think we all did/do.

There is a sticky I believe that solves this. Its a few bolts that easily come loose under the headliner. Its a chore to pull evertyhing out and put em back with locktight so I havent done it. Bing search with swedespeed and youll find it.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Actually im about to go and fix mine right now! i have been living with this rattle for 2 years now...
Thanks TG

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
My pleasure... :)

FYI guys, I did mine back then but recently it started again! I recommend putting a drop of super glue or locking glue, not too much, just enough to lock them up from loosening again... ;)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
TG - YOU ROCK! I was just about to PM you for this thread as i remember you did this awhile back. I am at the breaking point with my rattle.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
TG - YOU ROCK! I was just about to PM you for this thread as i remember you did this awhile back. I am at the breaking point with my rattle.
Thanks Slasher!
I do my part when I can :D . . . I still consider myself an amateur but I'm always looking to learn and tackle something new, And enjoy sharing my experience . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts