SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the write up on fixing the sun roof rattle? My SR has a little over 100k on it and the sun roof rattles like crazy, sounds like the left side when sitting in the car.

When we used to have the amazing google search this would not have been a problem, or for that matter when we used to have the old threads that we could use the google search to get to... :confused:

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
unclip the rubber gaskets from the inside top and bottom and slide out from the top of the car (with the sunroof tilted up). this will reveal two torx screws on either side. push down on the sunroof and tighten. mine were rattling bad too and this will solve it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
unclip the rubber gaskets from the inside top and bottom and slide out from the top of the car (with the sunroof tilted up). this will reveal two torx screws on either side. push down on the sunroof and tighten. mine were rattling bad too and this will solve it.
Sweet. Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Evo_s check your PM when you get a sec had a question about your IC Tune

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sound a little to simple... Rubber gaskets? My 2004 has thin plastic accordion sides, is that what you mean by rubber gaskets?
Sun roof is loose would like to tighten it up. Left side more than the right.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yeah the thin plastic accordion sides is what i meant by "gaskets". there are three (IIRC) clips on the top and bottom. Just pull away starting at the back.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I need to do this in the next few days, will take images when I do for reference. Now are you just exposing the gaskets by opening the sunroof or removing any portion? Thank you.
Now that I read this thread, I also have a small rattle in the sunroof, It would be nice if you could take those photos. It would help me!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks Goose, so nice fixing all those rattles and little things which make ones appreciation for their car diminish!
Isn't that the truth though. I have countless rattles that I fix annually haha. Takes time I never want to spend. I will also be menacing with my roof after I replace the damn alarm siren module.

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Isn't that the truth though. I have countless rattles that I fix annually haha. Takes time I never want to spend. I will also be menacing with my roof after I replace the damn alarm siren module.
Replaced my noisy wheel bearing... Almost wish I didn't. Now I can hear every. single. rattle... I leave my windows and sunroof shut because I'm too lazy to replace the siren. Maybe this summer...

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
My sunroof starts letting a little air in at above 110MPH. It gets really annoying.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts